SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    UPS & Amazon shipping disaster.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UPS & Amazon shipping disaster. Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted
I ordered a package last week and it was picked up according to Amazon tracking on Saturday in Haslet, Texas. It arrived latter that day in Las Vegas and left the next day for Carteret, New Jersey where it has been sitting ever since. I live in Utah. Why something would go from Vegas to NJ for a Utah delivery is ridiculous. Even worse, to let it sit in Jersey for 5+ day with no efforts to send it to the right address?

What's worse, the tracking number i have on the Amazon website is not a valid UPS number. So who knows what is going on. Anyway, I'm going to request a refund and buy elsewhere.

Posts: 12571 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
They're not happy until you're not happy.

Posts: 5809 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have found it much less stressful to ignore tracking. If my order doesn't arrive in a timely fashion, I bitch to Amazon, which usually resolves the issue. Trying to apply logic to something like UPS or the USPS will give you a headache.

Posts: 17245 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Are you sure it shipped from Amazon and not from a third party vendor that has an Amazon Store?

Posts: 3458 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
^^^^
It says fulfilled by Amazon. So Amazon ships it according to what I read (if I understood their gobbledygook correctly).

Posts: 12571 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife ordered some items . Never showed up . Amazon said they were lost and refunded her . She reordered and got the items . Last night a package showed up from UPS . It was the lost items . She called Amazon . The guy said UPS had nothing to do with the order and could not explain how they became involved . He told her to keep it .

Posts: 4234 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FedEx isn't any different. We ordered a bunch of red dots and miscellaneous gear from a distributor only to have them go MIA. It usually takes a week or less for stuff to show up from this particular source, and checking our account with them showed that they had shipped it the day after it was ordered. Finally after just over two weeks the ordered stuff showed up, with VERY apparent water damage to the cardboard shipping box, albeit now in a dry(ish) state. Adding 1+1, it seems very clear that FedEx managed to drop the package into a water puddle (or pond, river or lake, but not the ocean...I think...because the distributor is very much inland...but who knows, because after all it's FedEx) and decided to let the box sit in a warehouse someplace for a spell before finally sending it off to its intended destination.

Unfortunately for FedEx, upon our inspection of the contents the packaging of many of the optics were contaminated by the water 'bath' and unsuitable for retail sale. We ended up shipping the whole batch back to the distributor and let them and FedEx argue about who is liable for the sorry mess.

-MG

Posts: 2188 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 24165 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Between the "centralizing/processing" hubs being employed by FedEx, UPS, and the USPS, and the use of USPS for some portion of package routing or "last mile" deliveries.

The good ol' days of more direct shipping are gone, much like "free shipping".

Some vendors are using distribution centers that are closer and seem to be able to get past the "send everything to one place of processing" (which is why someone orders a thing from LA, to be shipped to San Diego, only to see it travel to six cities using 4 airports, two freight liners and a turtle with duct tape) and all of them are "two weeks from everywhere".

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44405 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I ordered something Wednesday. Shipped from PA to NY, so not a long way.

Amazon said it would be here Friday.

On Friday it was "out for delivery".

Friday evening it was changed to Monday.

Then Friday night it was changed to Saturday.

Then all Saturday it was also "out for delivery".

Saturday evening it was changed to Monday.

Look, I don't care, but stop toying with my emotions and jerking me around. lol I kept changing / delaying my plans because they involved the item, or would have anyway.

In some ways the old days was better. No tracking is better than wrong tracking.

Posts: 21325 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post