SIGforum
Craigslist now charging for vehicle ads.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/8130010464

December 07, 2019, 10:15 AM
PHPaul
Craigslist now charging for vehicle ads.
Dicks.

That is all.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.
December 07, 2019, 10:54 AM
mcrimm
I sold a 3 year old Mazda3 on Craigslist this past summer. It cost me a few bucks to list. I sold it quickly and was thrilled to get the job done.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham
December 07, 2019, 10:59 AM
sigmonkey
The premis is to prevent scammers from listing images and/or ads of vehicles they do not own.

As if scammers and thieves won't spend a few dollars of money they stole to do steal more.

But, "fuck the people who play by the rules".

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!
December 07, 2019, 11:45 AM
Gear.Up
Preach it comrade.

Next thing you know, stores will charge for bread.
December 07, 2019, 11:54 AM
jimmy123x
As long as the price they charge is reasonable, I don't see anything wrong with it. Craigslist needs to make money to stay in business. But, in my opinion it will weed out the fake listings and scam artists.
December 07, 2019, 11:57 AM
PHPaul
quote:
Originally posted by Gear.Up:
Preach it comrade.

Wow. Harsh.

I guess I'm just ticked because it always has been free as of the last time I needed to advertise a bike for sale.

I'll probably get over it come Spring when I'm hot to sell the bike.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.
December 07, 2019, 02:25 PM
IntrepidTraveler
I can see where it would mitigate the scams on the selling side. Now if they could only do something about the buying side....

I listed my Jeep a few weeks back. The only bite I got was from an obvious scammer. ("The Craigslist email relay doesn't work, so email me at....")

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)
December 07, 2019, 03:12 PM
berto
It was $5 for me last month.
December 07, 2019, 04:43 PM
P250UA5
Have seen a few sidestep it by listing their bike on the bike parts section. Even posted such, posted here to not pay the listing fee.

The Enemy's gate is down.
December 07, 2019, 09:11 PM
Prefontaine
quote:
Originally posted by Gear.Up:
Preach it comrade.

This.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone
December 07, 2019, 09:38 PM
slabsides45
I guess I can live with the fee, IF they'll shut down this stupid trend of allowing people to advertise items for 1/10 of their actual selling price, just to bait you in. That makes me nuts.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers