SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Subway Could Take A Lesson From Chick-Fil-A
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Subway Could Take A Lesson From Chick-Fil-A Login/Join 
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
they used to be the gold standard for a snadich shop. Now a cautionary tale. I prefer Jimmy John's or wich wich!!!!

Posts: 7800 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another reason to avoid Subway!!

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/...t-coworkerrsquos-mom

PBSO: Sandwich mix-up prompts Subway worker to shoot at coworker’s mom

By Olivia Hitchcock

Posted at 6:56 AM
Updated at 7:17 AM

She made a wrap, not a sub. Hours later, her Subway coworker came to her home and shot at her mother, Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office records state.

GREENACRES — Upset that his coworker at Subway had made the wrong sandwich, Destin Noel Garcia II drove the next morning to his coworker’s home, pushed her mother and then fired two shots at the woman’s feet, Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office records state.

On Sunday, two weeks after the Nov. 30 shooting, authorities booked Garcia, 18, into the Palm Beach County Jail on charges of aggravated assault and battery. He remained there early Tuesday in lieu of $101,000 bail, records show.

Garcia’s coworker told authorities that they were working on Black Friday at the Subway in the Palm Springs Walmart Supercenter on 10th Avenue North. They were allowed a free sandwich, and she made one for a Walmart manager.

Garcia reportedly became upset because she made a wrap, not a sub, and told her she had to pay the price difference of the sandwiches. She ignored him and walked away, she told deputies.

At about 9 a.m. the next morning, Garcia parked a gold Chevrolet Malibu across the street from her home outside the Greenacres city limits and began yelling at her mother.

He then pushed his coworker’s mother in the chest, causing her to stumble backward. Her husband walked out and told Garcia to leave.

That’s when Garcia pulled out a small black-and-brown firearm from his pocket and reportedly asked, “Do you think it’s a game?”

The teen then fired twice at the ground by his coworker’s mother’s feet. The bullets missed her, but blacktop landed on her legs and feet.

She and her husband ran back to the yard and called 911 as Garcia sped off in the Malibu, records state.

The woman’s husband declined to comment on the incident when reached by telephone Monday, beyond saying that they are doing all right.

PBSO brought out its helicopter to help search for Garcia and sent deputies to his home, which also sits outside the Greenacres city limits.

The circumstances of his arrest Sunday were not immediately available.

ohitchcock@pbpost.com

@ohitchcock

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Wait, this thread doesn't make sense. Subway doesn't dip their bread in water before bagging it like Chick-fil-a does. Nothing is as bad as soggy bread or buns. I'm pretty sure the Chick-fil-a sandwich would be better if you took the chicken off the wet buns and just ate it. If I ever go back to the loved Chick-fil-a again, which won't be voluntarily, I'm asking for the bun and the chicken in separate bags. I know it will create a stir, but its the only way I'll take it.

The alternative will be to open the litte sack they use to keep the water in, then demand to see the manager. I have volume in my voice when it fits the circumstances, and I'll make sure the entire place hears it.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post