SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Amazon Prime sucks!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Amazon Prime sucks!! Login/Join 
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Fallout.
Confused


https://lmgtfy.com/?q=fallout+amazon+prime


________________________________________

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --
 
Posts: 18856 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:

It also limits the number of websites that have my credit card information.
An Amazon Store Card is free. I am not 100% positive, but I don't think that this card can be used anywhere other than Amazon (and Woot). It gives me 5% cash back, so that makes a dent in the cost of Prime membership.

I just checked my Amazon Prime account. It appears that there are three distinct kinds of Amazon cards:

#1 – Amazon Prime Secured Card, useable for purchases on the Amazon app and Whole Foods. A security deposit is required to activate the card. Don’t know why that’s required. Maybe for folks with a low FICO score?

#2 – Prime Store Card, useable for purchases on the Amazon app and Whole Foods.

#3 – Prime Visa, useable anywhere a Visa CC is accepted.

Different kick-backs for each. I’m sticking with my bank CC.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pipe Smoker,



Serious about crackers.
 
Posts: 11852 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:

It also limits the number of websites that have my credit card information.
An Amazon Store Card is free. I am not 100% positive, but I don't think that this card can be used anywhere other than Amazon (and Woot). It gives me 5% cash back, so that makes a dent in the cost of Prime membership.


If you choose "Amazon Pay" at a vendor's website other than Amazon you can use your Amazon card.

I use my Amazon card for zero percent interest on purchases over $200.00


__________________________
More blessed than I deserve.
http://davesphotography7055.zenfolio.com/f238091154
 
Posts: 3643 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
There is a free phone, tablet and computer app called PlayOn Cloud that I've been using for years to edit out the commercials on my ad-tier subscriptions to Peacock and Paramount Plus. It works on Disney +, Netflix and Hulu, Amazon Prime and many other streaming services, as well.

You create an account and buy credits that range from seven cents to a dime or so apiece. You use these credits to pay for PlayOn Cloud to record your tv show or movie. (It takes two or three credits for a movie.)

PlayOn Cloud notifies you when the recording is completed. You can then watch it on your device or easily mirror-cast it to your wifi-enabled TV with all the commercials blipped out. Occasionally it will miss a commercial, but you can easily fast forward in that instance.

If commercials bother you as much as they bother me, you should check out PlayOn Cloud.
 
Posts: 1328 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Amazon Prime sucks!!

© SIGforum 2026