SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    USAA can bite me!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

USAA can bite me! Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
My Dad is retired from autobody and was in the Army.

He has nothing good to say about USAA. He says their adjusters are the least knowledgeable most egotistical assholes in the business.

You couldn't pay him to have USAA insurance.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I use USAA for basic banking services but dropped their insurance coverage a few years ago. I had filed my first auto claim after being with them for 21 years. It was a simple claim with a supporting police report. No injuries. The other driver was at fault but had no insurance (no surprise around here). The USAA adjuster was completely incompetent. I got the claim settled to our satisfaction, but it was a bit of a hassle which made me shop around. I've been with State Farm since then. Their office is 2 miles away. I can visit them in person. My parents have used them for years. They're also quite a bit cheaper for the same coverage.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I tried to work up some quotes online with USAA to match what we have with State Farm.

They were DOUBLE. Eek

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
USAA used to be amazing. They haven't been that for a long time. I you keep complaining then guys will pummel you with the "idea" that their subscriber savings account is returning thousands of dollars a year. It is bullshit.

Run.

Posts: 7346 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
As a young enlistee in the 1990's I visited a USAA office to see what their rates might be for my vehicle at the time. Nope - "We're only for officers.", the agents told me. What was odd to me was that two of the three dudes in the office working as agents were retired chiefs....

... My money wasn't good enough for USAA then, so I'll be sure to continue to not patronize them ever.

Same, although I was enlisted in the 80s. They would be more than happy to take my money now that it's "cool" to support ALL the military. Can you imagine the publicity they would get if they did that now?

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3294 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I tried to work up some quotes online with USAA to match what we have with State Farm.

They were DOUBLE. Eek

They were the same for auto and umbrella, but 30% more for Home Owners for me. Checking insurance rates annually is usually a good move. Not in this case.

--K

Posts: 178 | Registered: January 27, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Dropped USAA after 30 years due to multiple bad experiences. First 20 or so years were flawless. Now they are a mere shell of what they used to be. Too much growth too fast and now trying to be all things to all people. Time to move on for us.

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Trophy Husband
Picture of C L Wilkins
posted Hide Post
As far as insurance goes, we have to remember that we are just the owner. To the body shops the customer is the insurance company.

Medical insurance is no different. We are the patient, the customer to the health care provider is the insurance company.

We are always stuck in the middle.

Posts: 3200 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post