SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Disposing of Rats, More Work Than Estimated
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disposing of Rats, More Work Than Estimated Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bustabuddy:
If they are that hard up for food, just go with the old reliable snap trap for rats, baited with peanut butter or a crushed pecan. You solve 2 problems at one time. Don't overthink it.

This makes sense to me.

If you can draw 50 or 100 rats at once, you can use a claymore, but . . .

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
They tore down an old barn about 300 yards from my house and I assume the rats picked my place to take up residence. Setting rat traps was not too productive with one trap disappearing.

They are real diggers and being next to my water garden, they had all they needed. I decided to try the water hose down their hole.
What a surprise...there must have been 20 to 30 rats when I had only seen two or three. They left for parts unknown. Big Grin

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
My Labadoodle is better than any cat I ever owned.
That dog chases them up my fig tree ,he barks ,I get my gun and shoot it.
Here is where it gets hairy.I get to race the dog to get it first.
I put in a gallon zip lock bag and freeze it
Put it in garbage night before garbage truck comes in morning.
I have to be fast,if he gets it first he starts eating it.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
https://www.automatictrap.com/

Again, this eliminates all your issues. Rubber glove and a trash bag. Throw out the dead every morning.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Terriers, sighthounds, and rats:

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Kill them as efficiently as possible. I use kill traps. Place rat carcass in Publix bag and freeze until garbage day. Place ratcicles in trash and dispose. Clean, quick and smell free.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Build an automatic rat-launching trebuchet.

Take video.

Profit.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31376 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Trap the live rats, put all of them live in a 5 gallon bucket, deliver them to your neighbor, tell him if he's going to feed them he damn sure needs to put out water for them....

Probably not a neighborly thing to do.
I hope this in jest.

Of course, although, might show them the dead rats, a chat with the neighbor, do they have any idea that they are bringing in rats with the bird seed, and if your yard has rats, their yard has to have them, and others, which means they are bringing them into peoples homes...

The way to solve the problem is to get rid of whats causing the problem, bird seed...

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post