SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    My wife played the her family doesn’t count card…
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My wife played the her family doesn’t count card… Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
“Your sister’s failure to plan doesn’t constitute an emergency for me”

Bingo!

Reminds me of the time we had a power outage for 2 or 3 days after a storm and a friend of a friend of a friend wanted to borrow my generator (that I was using at my house) because they had a child that had medicine that needed to be refrigerated. And these were well to do people and it had never occurred to them to have a plan for the medicine that the kid had been taking for years. I offered them a yeti cooler and a bag of ice (since they didn’t have those either. Roll Eyes
That wasn’t good enough for them though.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
This storm may strengthen, yes, not there yet. If the building is fairly new, you’d think it was made to withstand a good blow.

I think the prep is often worse than the storm, people out last minute for supplies. I guess it’s easy for me to say from WI.

I’d have my supplies piled up & likely stay home & watch the circus.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:

I think the prep is often worse than the storm, people out last minute for supplies. I guess it’s easy for me to say from WI.

I’d have my supplies piled up & likely stay home & watch the circus.
Born and raised in Louisiana . I've ridden out every storm that ever came our way . My prep is over and done a couple of days prior . These idiots waiting in long lines for gasoline and groceries is crazy .

Posts: 4055 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
My son was on the east, ‘treasure coast’ of FL during Dorian a few years ago. He said the prep brought out the crazy in people. He did some research, was living 3 miles from the beach in a newer structure. He got a few supplies early & rode it out.

His winds never got over 35 mph as the storm veered north. Yes, every one can be different.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Tell her it’s not that they don’t count. They just count less!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
In SC a new home is required to be finished with precut first floor window plywood, stored neatly in the garage strapped to the wall.

I for one find Florida a continuing disappointment. My sister and mother live in Fort Myers, and have experienced a few hurricanes. Come on down! It is so great down here. Not really.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5053 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
In SC a new home is required to be finished with precut first floor window plywood, stored neatly in the garage strapped to the wall.

Really? Where do they keep the plywood for the condos?

quote:
I for one find Florida a continuing disappointment. My sister and mother live in Fort Myers, and have experienced a few hurricanes. Come on down! It is so great down here. Not really.

That's okay, we don't want you.

Posts: 3382 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post