SIGforum
People pretending to be employed at ATL Airport.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/7870066324

May 02, 2017, 08:15 PM
RHINOWSO
People pretending to be employed at ATL Airport.
Is it just me or does a pervasive 'attitude' seem to have infected the workers there?

Reading books at th register, grabassing, hooting and hollering like they're at a club, not working a job, seems to be standard the last year or so.

Only place that seemed immune was CFQ.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RHINOWSO,
May 02, 2017, 09:18 PM
fgwilliams1
Doing us a favor to allow us into their workplace. I hate ATL because of the workers. I see more goofing off than working.

GW.
May 02, 2017, 09:56 PM
ZSMICHAEL
quote:
Reading books at th register

Reading,no. Maybe looking at the pictures. I have never seen that. They must have banned them from their stupid cell phones I guess. All the other behaviors are sadly pretty common.
May 02, 2017, 11:39 PM
MitchbSC
When they get real bored, they hop over the counter at the slightest provocation, like being told they forgot an item in an order, and try to start a fist fight. I watched one fatass food worker try this with a sizable group of uniformed US Army enlisted personnel. Hilarity ensued.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
May 03, 2017, 12:02 AM
RHINOWSO
So I'm not imagining it.
May 03, 2017, 06:33 AM
Georgeair
It's not new, but has gotten worse.

If I saw a headline that a gang riot had broken out among the ATL concourse workers or they knifed a customer it'd be so unsurprising I don't even know that I'd read the article.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

May 03, 2017, 07:13 AM
maxwayne
Don't tell me this, I will be there Friday morning on my way to Talladega. However, I know what you are talking about and have seen it in the past.
May 03, 2017, 07:24 AM
jljones
Man, I think it is just Atlanta. Not everyone that lives there, of course. But, a large section of the population that lives there. Eat at a nicer restaurant, and you didn't see it as much. Fast food? Same stuff as you describe. Check out at Target? Same thing. Walking down the street downtown. Same thing.

I think it is just the section of population.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

May 03, 2017, 07:25 AM
RHINOWSO
I guess that I have noticed it more since my Delta Club pass expired and I opted not to renew it.
May 03, 2017, 07:27 AM
RHINOWSO
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Man, I think it is just Atlanta.
Could very well be. You can just feel it. The look, the attitude, etc.

It's a convenient connection for me since I'm on the Delta train for airlines and if I get stranded, I'm only a 4 hour drive home (vs going American via DFW, 10+ hours).
May 03, 2017, 07:29 AM
MikeGLI
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I guess that I have noticed it more since my Delta Club pass expired and I opted not to renew it.

Shame on you, spending time with the mouth breathers at the gate and surrounding areas.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.
May 03, 2017, 07:57 AM
jehzsa
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...s-airport-NAKED.html

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.
May 03, 2017, 08:50 AM
RHINOWSO
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
quote:

Shame on you, spending time with the mouth breathers at the gate and surrounding areas.
I know, right? Even on short layovers I'd roll through and get a free coffee and a snack, instead of getting the 'tude from everyone.
May 03, 2017, 09:42 AM
MikeGLI
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
quote:

I know, right? Even on short layovers I'd roll through and get a free coffee and a snack, instead of getting the 'tude from everyone.

I've been planning my travel for the past 2 years around where AMEX has a centurion lounge (which helps being a dedicated AA customer) but when I have layovers or destinations OUTSIDE of that small network of lounges, I'm a miserable little bitch about it.

NRA Life Member
May 03, 2017, 03:14 PM
RHINOWSO
Yeah I might have to jump onboard the AMEX centurion train.
May 03, 2017, 03:19 PM
Dresden
quote:

It is soooo worth it. And this year my GE was up for renewal and AMEX paid for it, since I charged it on my card.
May 03, 2017, 03:31 PM
MikeGLI
quote:
Originally posted by Dresden:
quote:

It is soooo worth it. And this year my GE was up for renewal and AMEX paid for it, since I charged it on my card.

I wish they offered that credit for something else for the 4-5 years the GE/Pre Check are valid for. Offering it year after year doesn't make sense.

NRA Life Member
May 05, 2017, 03:18 PM
ThankGod4Sig
Taxiway Delta, Oh sorry Taxiway Dixie

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para
May 06, 2017, 07:27 AM
Graniteguy
On my short list of places I never want to visit.
May 06, 2017, 05:34 PM
YellowJacket
I don't really ever talk to anyone behind a counter when I'm at the airport.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.