SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Crashed my wife’s bike now I get to buy TWO!!!!!!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Crashed my wife’s bike now I get to buy TWO!!!!!!!! Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
My middle boy is finally doing really well on a bike so it is worth it to go to bike trails for a different experience than just cruising the neighborhood.
I have a nice road bike but no good for just cruising with the kiddos or pulling the baby in a trailer.
Been wanting to get a mountain bike but putting off spending money. Boys wanted to ride today no big deal I’ll ride the wife’s bike. Sure I am a touch big but just doing a paved path I’ll be good.
Nope, it was a little wet and mid ride my foot slipped off the pedal and pushing the kickstand into the rear wheel snapping a few spokes and bending the wheel substantially. I was trying to keep myself from smashing pavement too hard and turned the handlebars as I fell only to bend the front wheel as it pushed sideways into the pavement. Luckily that slowed my fall and I was able to stay upright.
I was looking at wheels to replace them but the bike is like 8 years old so not really worth buying new wheels for.
So now bike shopping for two!!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds good if you look at it like that. Crying wouldn't do any good anyway.

I had my wing loaded down with my wife on the back, on a little trip.
Pulled into a gas station and stopped put my foot down on some kind of steel plate. My foot slid out and the only thing that kept if from going down was that my shin hit the engine guard.
I had a bruise and sore shin for a long time.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First the minivan, now riding a girls bike, and you crashed it....

For shame Black, for shame.... Big Grin

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
^
That is funny right there

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ubelongoutside:

Crazy the things we’ll do for our kids.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ubelongoutside:

I remember a day when a young Black opened boasted on here about the burnouts he did in his beloved Mustang....Oh, how the mighty have fallen

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain. My son had a few friends over for his birthday a few weeks back, and while they were here his bike got left in the driveway, and I backed over it with my truck. I was initially pissed at him because I'm forever telling my kids not to leave their stuff lying around, especially in the driveway...but then I found out it was one of the other kids that left it there, so I ended up buying a new one. Frown

Posts: 8540 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post