SIGforum
Sonic Ads

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/7810078524

June 17, 2017, 05:21 AM
NK402
Sonic Ads
Anyone else fed up with these two idiots in the Sonic ads? And are they supposed to be gay? Not that there's anything wrong with that .
June 17, 2017, 06:27 AM
Paten
I think the ads are okay. The problem with Sonic is the slow service I get when I go there. So I now never go there.
June 17, 2017, 07:16 AM
RobC2
These ads are awful. I feel my IQ dropping as I watch them. Unfortunately, with some of the on-demand stuff we watch, can't fast forward.
June 17, 2017, 08:17 AM
Mars_Attacks
All the Sonics around me have closed.

They were nasty botulism traps.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.
June 17, 2017, 08:32 AM
P-220
Most annoying ads ever. We have one near us, but I have never visited, because I find the ads so annoying.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve
June 17, 2017, 10:35 AM
molachi
Time for a change. Sonic has worn out those 2.
June 17, 2017, 10:37 AM
arfmel
Replace them with Geico Cavemen
June 17, 2017, 04:39 PM
LS1 GTO
I'll take a#1 with mustard, tots and a limeaid slushie, please.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

June 17, 2017, 05:21 PM
Nframe
I'm sure the two idiots pull out their foot longs and beat each other....

I almost never watch tv but on the occasion I do watch it never fails that a Sonic ad comes on. Frown

I really hate the ads and change channels and of course I don't go to Sonic.
June 17, 2017, 06:23 PM
egregore
I only go there for two things: the chili cheese Tater Tots and the Chicago-style hot dog.
June 17, 2017, 08:03 PM
Kskelton
The two idiots were funny when they first started the commercials but are getting pretty old

www.OneStopFirearms.com
June 17, 2017, 08:45 PM
sigmonkey

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!
June 18, 2017, 09:09 AM
V-Tail
I don't watch television (maybe the occasional news, but even that is rare), so I have never seen the Sonic commercial.

However, we will be getting weather reports of rapidly dropping temperatures in Hell before I ever go to a Sonic again.

Tried it a few times. Did not ever get what I ordered. Not even once.

Bacon cheeseburger, extra onions please. They gave me a burger with no bacon, no onions. Other experiences were similar.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
June 18, 2017, 12:15 PM
nhtagmember
I've seen the ads and I've never been to a Sonic

based on the ads, I never will be

same with the restaurant chain that used those ugly rats as their ads

never went their either

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

June 18, 2017, 02:04 PM
Kevmo
I produced TV commercials for them once (not these) and as part of it we needed a tremendous amount go food made "for camera".

If you've never been around a food shoot just know that food is either heavily styled or has a useful life of about 30 seconds before it turns.

As a result we shot in studio with multiple fry/grill stations going and by the end of 2 days the outcome was that I cannot deal with the smell of Sonic.

And on the subject of annoying commercials: The skinny jean, man bun/top knot, hipster - douche that describes a Chevy a "Bad Mamma Jamma" needs to be publicly beaten as does the agency asshole that wrote that BS
June 18, 2017, 03:56 PM
vthoky
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:
And on the subject of annoying commercials: The skinny jean, man bun/top knot, hipster - douche that describes a Chevy a "Bad Mamma Jamma" needs to be publicly beaten as does the agency asshole that wrote that BS

You need to see Mahk. Big Grin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15iLHlJPp_0

God bless America.
June 18, 2017, 05:34 PM
recoatlift
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:

Amen! I think he's sporting yoga pants also.
And the nervous laughter from those around him.
Beat the tar outa the whole lot.
June 19, 2017, 10:54 AM
Kevmo
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:

"wyatt Derp and Cock Holiday" lol!!!!!

June 19, 2017, 10:08 PM
jhe888
quote:

I agree those Chevy ads with people set up to gush over the cars are nauseating.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.