SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Stupid people with guns
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stupid people with guns Login/Join 
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted
In what UNIVERSE does getting into an argument with a group at a restaurant/bar, then going out to your truck in broad daylight, making a spectacle of getting your pistol and sticking it in your waistband for all to see, and coming back inside to glare while you sit at your table SEEM LIKE A GOOD IDEA????

I don't often stop people mid sentence these days and dress them down like a fucktard, but for you, Senior, I gladly made an exception.

Dumbass was lucky none of them shot him before we got there. Dumbass was lucky he didn't get a bunch of cops with itchy trigger fingers.

And this was a guy that had a valid CCW. His common sense, however, was expired.

With great power comes great responsibility. -Stan Lee

This idiot made all of us look stupid today.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
These stories make me cringe.

It's like the guy I saw walking around Walmart with a pistol dangling from a holster clipped to his jean pocket, all while looking like he was a day past a meth binge. Technically legal, but doing nobody any good.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pick any group of people, from any segment of our society and you will find that a significant number of them are idiots. Our last election is proof of this. Armed idiots just get more media coverage.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16087 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Idiots are gonna idiot... Universal rule my friend.

If we had judges, juries, and local populations with any actual balls, we would put such stupid people, who prove they are stupid, by making such stupid decisions, in a concrete/iron box for a large number of years... well, we would eventually deal with many less situations.

But of course, we have to end the idiot to prison pipeline, and we can't possibly put criminals in jail. If we did, who would get our tax money?

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
This idiot made all of us look stupid today.

I disagree.

I am responsible for myself and to the extent that I’m able to influence them, those I train. People have a right to exercise their rights and that means some of them are going to abuse those rights. The only way to prevent abuse is to infringe and restrict them out of existence, and that is no solution either.

As for that incident, if it occurred in Colorado, the idiot would probably be charged with felony menacing, and at the very least he would no longer have a concealed handgun permit.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
If he was carrying and consuming alcohol isn't that reason to arrest him? That arrest would probably cost him his carry permit.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1865 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What about the woman who saw a shoplifter fleeing security at a Wal-Mart, so she tried to "shoot out the tires" of the perp in a crowded parking lot. Yeah good call.

Posts: 130 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woof:
What about the woman who saw a shoplifter fleeing security at a Wal-Mart, so she tried to "shoot out the tires" of the perp in a crowded parking lot. Yeah good call.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/5090071024/p/1

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
If he was carrying and consuming alcohol isn't that reason to arrest him? That arrest would probably cost him his carry permit.

He wasn't drinking. His stupidity had a limitation. Surprisingly.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:

He wasn't drinking. His stupidity had a limitation. Surprisingly.

He was just regular stupid, not drunk stupid?

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Speaking of stupid people w/ guns, I saw this guy at an office supply store in N Houston last week.

FYI, TX requires a 'License To Carry' for concealed and open. If he has a LTC, he ain't doing it right.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
had another stupid person yesterday. Just turned 18. Glad I could make his birthday special with a bruise to the forehead with my gun.

He was holding this

And had this on the seat next to him

Stolen of course.

And of course admin has a talk with me after reviewing my bodycam. They said I was a little harsh when I told the kid that I would kill him if he reached for the gun. I told them, hey the video is a perfect advertisement for Glock since most of it is a view of the grip and they can see my fine trigger finger discipline. I told the kid the truth.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devil's Advocate
Picture of Holger Danske
posted Hide Post
http://www.theonion.com/articl...eds-to-escalat-38374

An apropos Onion story Smile

Man Always Carries Gun In Case He Needs To Escalate Situation

TEMPE, AZ—Stressing the importance of being prepared for any circumstance that may occur, local man James Donner told reporters Monday he carries a gun on his person at all times in case he ever needs to escalate a situation. “I never leave home without my Glock, because you just don’t know when someone might mouth off to you in a bar and leave you with no choice but to turn a minor altercation into a tense life-or-death scenario,” said Donner, noting that he keeps his loaded weapon in a hip holster should the need arise for him to respond quickly, and with deadly force, when he is angered by a perceived slight. “Look, I hope to God no one ever tries to hit on my wife while I’m within earshot, but in the real world, things like this do happen. Sometimes you only have a split second to react and make things exponentially more dangerous.” At press time, sources confirmed Donner was pulling up next to a Honda Civic that had cut him off in traffic several blocks earlier.

________
Homo sum: humani nil a me alienum puto

Posts: 1080 | Location: Baton Rouge | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
chongosuerte - The NC Statute is not written with much specifics. It allows a permit holder to have a handgun in a bar (if it's not posted ant he person is not drinking).

I attended the instructors update when when the law first passed. The attorney that was presenting (I believe he was counsel for the Sheriff's Association) say they would be interpenetrating the law to mean the handgun had to be concealed. No open carry if alcohol is sold and consumed on the property.

That was a few years ago. I've wondered how different police forces are applying the statute. From your postings, you've worked for at least 2 agencies so I'd appreciate your observations.

I can't imagine doing your job and working with meatheads like this on a daily basis.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post