SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Politicians, and their unmonitored email boxes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Politicians, and their unmonitored email boxes Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted
It's clear that our politicians don't have enough time or staff to actually read all the messages and letters the receive. I fully expect that half the email sent to them ends up in "the dirty bit box."

But when We the People take the time to send a message, we expect it to get some attention. Instead, more often than not, what I get in return is multiple copies of a broadcast email.

This evening, I took time to "respond to the response," and sent it off. Seconds later I got the "this box is not monitored" message. "Please use the contact form on my website."

Contact form? Why? To make it ten times easier for you and your staff to mass-ignore yet another constituent?

Jerks.

God bless America.

Posts: 13501 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
It's perfectly clear...They just don't give a shit about their constituents! Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8886 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I write frequently. The new Republican Senator ALWAYS writes back. The other Senator who is also Republican answers every fifth email. The Republican Representative is an imbecile and has never answered an email his whole term. He is the dumbest guy on the planet. The effective guy in bringing home the bacon and answering to his constituents was a Democrat. He made the mistake of changing parties and the Republicans launched an effective campaign against him. They lost seniority in the House and got the imbecile we now have.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think you have described the problem very precisely.

Give the constituents an illusion of paying attention to concerns without troubling yourself, or bothering your talented and busy staff, with doing anything. Also a handy tool for building the address book for sending out propaganda.

Politics in modern America is nothing more than theater performance. The star of every show is the politician, everyone else is in a supporting role at best. As a constituent you may be granted a walk-on role as an extra in the performance, but you will never be allowed to have a speaking role.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1097 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I dropped a note to Governor DeSantis and much to my surprise, I received a reply that was clearly not canned boilerplate.

Probably from a staff person even though it had the Governor's signature, but still a reply that directly addressed my email.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Email as a method of contact is dead.

About 15 years ago.

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Really, what's the new/current method of contact we should all be adopting? What should businesses and politicians be utilizing for official contact/communication with their customers and/or constituents? Inquiring minds want to know...

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8886 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

About 15 years ago.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yeah we all use Tik Tok and Whatsup. Lets see something to back up that assertion.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

About 15 years ago.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I think I saw that headline on the cover of National Enquirer next to a story of Prince Charles being a cross dresser.