SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    A taste of Florida and I hated it
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A taste of Florida and I hated it Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
I deal with local idiots on the road all the time, every day. Friggin idiots everywhere who shouldn't be on the road.

Today though, a white BMW X4 with Florida plates xxx 7AP took the cake. Asshole asshole asshole. Asshole. Asshole. Seriously, WTF?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Agree with VTail, it's the car make, not the state that issued the plates..... Big Grin

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a longtime Floridian (since 1983) I have to say the state probably also played into whatever behavior you witnessed.

Posts: 334 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Yeah. All the shitty drivers from every other state move to Florida in the winter and return to wherever they're from in the summer.

Posts: 3370 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Of all the 47 states I've driven in, Florida was the only one where the other drivers made me nervous. Even with the freeway being crowded, there were multiple drivers zigzagging through traffic as if they were in some Nascar race.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19588 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh make no doubt, horrible drivers down here.

Posts: 7348 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
IMO, Florida drivers are OK. They don't do hills very well (especially in hilly NH), but generally are well-mannered. What
irks me the most are drivers from our southern neighbors (MA). It's got nothing to do with what vehicle make they drive, they are just MASSHOLES!

Sorry for generalizing on the "good" folks from MA!

Posts: 3396 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dan03833
posted Hide Post
Try driving up 128 or 3 near Boston during rush hour

Posts: 1535 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Florida drivers are “unique”. I actually admire the attitude many Floridians have towards speed limits. To many in the state the speed limit signs might be more of a recommendation and not to be taken too seriously. I’ll never forget a few years ago I was speeding on the interstate going about 10-15 over but everyone else including a few police cruisers kept flying by.

Florida was wild compared to the peoples republic of Virginia where the state troopers enforce their often ridiculously low speed limits with an iron fist.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
The problem with drivers in Florida is that 80% of them are from somewhere else.

Posts: 10824 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
^^^thats my thought also.

My grand dad was one of he first drivers Ed teachers in Fla, and he had some insight to bad drivers. He said most Floridians were good drivers, but most people in the state were from up north and didn’t know how to drive-and most of them are assholes, so their driving skills match. I can’t say he was wrong.

I’m only really worried when I’m driving is when I have to go thru Atlanta….next time I’m driving around

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
^^^ Here is an idea:

Take two interstate highways. Merge them together so none of them go near anything (gotts ta have payoffs for the limo service and cabbies).

Then, while both of them are together, pass another interstate across them and and provide a bunch of small shitty hidden signs really close to the exit so drivers don't have time to merge.

Circle all of this with another freeway and add a few more. The result?

Atlanta.

The best thing that ever came out of Atlanta? I-20.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I visited my brother in Orlando, he said when they want to change lanes
they would swerve into your lane missing you by inches so when you slam on your brakes
they would get in front of you! When another brother lived in Boston, he said using a
turn signal was a sign of weakness.

Posts: 949 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:

I’m only really worried when I’m driving is when I have to go thru Atlanta….next time I’m driving around

Every time I've drove through Atlanta, even on Christmas eve once, 5 or 6 lanes bumper to bumper and everyone
going 85. Never saw a cop on the side of the road, They weren't that dumb!

Posts: 949 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Schmelby:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:

Every time I've drove through Atlanta, even on Christmas eve once, 5 or 6 lanes bumper to bumper and everyone
going 85. Never saw a cop on the side of the road, They weren't that dumb!

Yup. Anyone who thinks Florida is wild must not have spent much time in ATL.

The biggest problem I’ve seen since moving to FL is the abundance of elderly drivers. Just a few weeks ago I watched a guy on 75 merge into a semi truck trailer. If it had been a car he’d hit there would be a good chance the car would have spun out. I pulled over behind him to see if he was okay, which he was, but when the cop showed up he admitted that he got real dizzy all the sudden and lost control. He was in his 80s.

Then I saw the guy driving that same car an hour later near my house.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I was just in Fort Myers FL. Thursday through Tuesday. Tried to escape Monday afternoon, but late afternoon thunderstorms ruint that.

If you live in a gated community, with a complex of palm trees, banyans, flowering bushes and trees, and a waterway, life can be beautiful. But, if you live off US 41, it is just one generica building after another. Every town has this, I think, but some hide it better than others.

I was not impressed (again) by the driving skills of the citizens, nor the quality of cuisine. Would I live there? Only if I were retired and at the retirement community called Shell Point.

I am glad to be back in the commonwealth.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:

Yup. Anyone who thinks Florida is wild must not have spent much time in ATL.

Florida is a big state, while Atlanta is a big city. You can’t really compare the two. No where along I-75 in Florida is like driving in Atlanta. However, I’m going to guess you don’t drive I-4 near and in Orlando much. I-4 and Orlando will give Atlanta a run for the money.

Posts: 10824 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
^^^^ So will I-95 in Broward and Miami Dade counties. Absolutely insane. I always say there is no respect for life on 95 down there.

Posts: 1199 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
“Even with the freeway being crowded, there were multiple drivers zigzagging through traffic as if they were in some Nascar race.”

A daily occurrence in San Antonio, too.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post