SIGforum
LG is now on my "Do Not Buy" list.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/7730039564

January 27, 2020, 12:17 PM
ZSMICHAEL
LG is now on my "Do Not Buy" list.
Mine does the same. I have a Panasonic. I had just never been that compulsive with cooking times, but I see how that would be a problem in the way that you use it. Thanks for posting this.
January 27, 2020, 12:18 PM
BigSwede
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
LMC1575BD

It may be slick looking, but it's exactly what I'd expect from a microwave without a keypad/numbers right there on the face of it.

Yep

January 27, 2020, 05:57 PM
egregore
quote:
neti-pot

?
January 27, 2020, 06:50 PM
rburg
Just accept the fact that it's your fault for buying Korean. Never again. We bought a samisung (no captial letters) Oh, did I mention "never again". They make shit products that fail. Except the rest of the civilized world makes replacement parts. Try getting them for a samisung some time. Oh, did I mention that I'm pissed. You'd never have guessed. So I had to replace a $2200 frige that a minor board inside had croaked on. OK, we bought an American made GE. Yes, I even purchased an extended warranty. Because anything is better that buying Korean crap.

Simply put, don't buy unrepairable junk.

Unhappy ammo seeker
January 27, 2020, 07:53 PM
trapper189
Our first microwave was an American made Amana Radarrange. It had a knob you turned to set the time or should I say the about time. You could set it for about a minute for example. I'm just happy our latest microwave has popcorn and reheat buttons that work really well. Until this thread, I had never considered a microwave as a precision cooking instrument.
January 27, 2020, 09:06 PM
hambony
Did you say you got it at Best Buy?, if you are within the return period it shouldn't matter that you don't have the box.

With you on the purturbedness...it seems inconsequential but if that is a feature that is needed then it is needed. I use the cheap GE microwave and it works great.

Houston Texas, if the heat don't kill ya, the skeeters will.
January 27, 2020, 10:28 PM
Hangtime
10 sec increments is too course a schedule for modern high powered microwave.

5 seconds is too but I could live with that.

Hard to believe they would not give infinite down to 1.
January 28, 2020, 07:45 AM
Beancooker
I realized that I don’t even know how to enter time on my microwave. I know where the “30 seconds full power” button is. I hit heat as many times as necessary. Nuke the burrito or boil water. Occasionally reheat something. Aside if that, I don’t use the thing.

While I agree that the ten second increments is odd, you can enter in thirty second increments.

This probably suits the needs of 95% of the people that buy microwaves.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread
January 28, 2020, 08:51 AM
arfmel
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
neti-pot

?

It’s a sinus washing teapot-type thing

January 31, 2020, 04:55 PM
4MUL8R
Yes, I microwave my oatmeal for 4:44 at power level 60%. But, to proclaim LG as persona non grata for failing to offer this fine distinction? I push 4:44 because it is simple. Three presses of one button. If they offered only 4:40, so what? I could easily move my finger from 4 to 0 on the keypad.

Sure, it's your castle. But, LG makes reasonable quality stuff and you probably don't need anything at the second level to properly cook or reheat items.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...
January 31, 2020, 09:21 PM
Scooter123
I get what is bugging you, you are cooking something like Salmon and have found thru experience that seconds do matter.

Unfortunately LG decided to safe a dime and do away with a numerical key pad to set the cook time with. So you get the 10 second, 30 second, and 1 minute time increments based on the total time. The reason is simple, people don't want to wait for the cook time to scroll up or down in 1 second increments. Because in a 1 hour cook time you would have to scroll thru 3600 seconds.

The hot tip here is that in the future you NEVER EVER purchase a countertop microwave or oven that doesn't feature a numeric keypad.

I've stopped counting.
February 01, 2020, 03:15 AM
egregore
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
neti-pot

?

It’s a sinus washing teapot-type thing

Ew. I like to say no knowledge is ever useless, but I'm sorry I asked.
February 01, 2020, 08:57 AM
220-9er
I suspect bendable may have an answer for this problem.

February 07, 2020, 11:31 PM
XLT
Write the company off forever because you don't like the microwave YOU picked out. Roll Eyes
O.K. I'm sure they are going to miss you. lol
February 08, 2020, 09:43 AM
Jimbo54
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
Write the company off forever because you don't like the microwave YOU picked out. Roll Eyes
O.K. I'm sure they are going to miss you. lol

Yeah, it seems to be a little extreme for sure. I love LG electronic devices. We have 2 LG smart TVs, an LG monitor and I have an LG G6 cell phone and they all are awesome. Our 3 year old LG washer is okay, not great, and I wish I would have payed a little more for a Maytag, but I'm sure as hell not dumping all LG products in the future because of one disappointing purchase.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird