SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    LEO Opinions
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LEO Opinions Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:
His reply: the donuts are baked in a central bakery and distributed to the stores.
That doesn't mean they aren't distributed frozen. Wink

Very common to par bake then freeze baked goods which are then finished at the point of sale.
I just asked him ("him" being the guy we call "Donut Dude," that name being assigned because he owns several dozen Dunkin' Donut franchises) whether they are distributed frozen.

His reply: "No. Cooked and Delivered. Although there is a frozen product that some stores use if they don’t have space."

Whatever they do, they are small and suck now.

I will agree with you on a good garlic bagel though. Those are hard to find these days, it's like a lost flavor now......put a little butter and some cream cheese on mine!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Damn, VTail, CHONGO... You guys are harsh!
Wink

True story!
Had my last donut about a week before I started the Academy. I just refused to be "That Cop".

Now, the day I retire... There's going to be a box of jelly filled waiting for my gullet!

(Technically; bear-claws, cininamon rolls and Danishes are NOT donuts.)

Chongo, how's that Sgt stuff working out?

I refrain from the doughnuts these days...but I have fond memories of some chocolate covered cream filled ones...drool....

Sgt. stuff is wide open. Of the 20some officers under me, only 5 maybe have more than 3 years on. They create me A LOT of paperwork Eek

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
first time I hade Krispy Kreme donuts was in California early in the morning when they came directly off the conveyer belt. life defining moment I will never forget, I think I had 18 before the wife said that was enough. Eek

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Any of you guys have duck donuts near you guys? They make each donut fresh for each order. Comes out hot and fresh. Delish, only stopped in a couple times and decided it's best I just stay away from that particular store.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:

Sgt. stuff is wide open. Of the 20some officers under me, only 5 maybe have more than 3 years on. They create me A LOT of paperwork Eek

Thanks for the heads up.
Im in Sgt training now. Yeah, there’s a lot in our patrol division that have 3-5 years on. It’s the ones that THINK they know what they’re doing... those are the ones I worry about.

I hope it’s all working out for you! You deserve that promotion!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8336 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
the donuts are baked in a central bakery and distributed to the stores.
Whatever they do, they are small and suck now.
They are not all that bad, considering the price.

Explanation: I can not remember the last time that I paid for a donut in Dunken' Donuts. I don't think that they are all that good, and I don't buy them. HOWEVER, their coffee is decent, and if I need a pick-me-up when I'm out and about, I might stop and grab a hot coffee or iced coffee, and a free donut. "Free?" Yup. The Dunkin' Donuts places, at least the ones around here, give a free donut with a beverage purchase to AARP members, in addition to the Senior Discount. I am no longer an AARP member due to disagreement with their politics, but when I buy coffee, I just ask "Does a 'Senior Donut' come with that?"

The answer is always, "yes."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Some "Senior Donuts" are for sitting on.

Don't get them confused. Way messy.

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I used to participate in cop question threads a lot. I have pretty much stopped. Things are different now, and my opinions would be based on ancient history. ( I do still remember a lot of dirty tricks and practical jokes, though)

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Cop: Sir your eyes are red. Have you been drinking?

Motorist: No Sir. But your eyes look glazed. Have you been eating donuts?

(Sorry I just had to do it Big Grin)

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think people come up and ask us weird stuff because they want to talk to us and just dont know what to say. I know we've had some super awkward conversations with people who seemed to mean well but just pour nonsense out.

My biggest thing is the people who tell their kids to watch out or we are going to lock them up, little johnnys definitely coming to us when he needs help now.

As for sugar or cocaine for the donut picture.....cant it be both?

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
If I were a LEO I think a soft interaction would be a good thing. I am not on the job as previously stated. Nothing bad about being part of community. That's my take on it. John

Posts: 2873 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post