SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    “You know what grinds my gears…”
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

“You know what grinds my gears…” Login/Join 
Picture of OttoSig
posted
I read the rant section in this manner now and can’t help it. I hear a Seinfeld voice in my head, “what IS the deal mixed drinks at restaurants?”

Love bugs
Windshield wipers
Trash disposal expense
Scammers
Toasters

Can’t even take it seriously at this point.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6236 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Exactly^

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6236 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Shifting without a clutch?

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8064 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:

Shifting without a clutch?
Twice. Two different BMW motorcycles.

First time, had clutch but no shifting. Wife and I were on the way from Chicago area where we were living at the time, to Nashville for a friend's wedding. Somewhere near Indianapolis I pulled into a rest area, needed a pee stop. Wife pulled in after me, saying "I don't have any gears." Not quite right, she did have one gear, the one that she had last used, but shift lever was not connected to anything.

I look in the BMW club data book that I always had in my tank bag, see where the nearest dealer is.

Bunch of mean-looking Harley dudes pull in, see that we have a problem, offer to push-start, so wife takes my functional R100RS, I get on her R65 and work my way into Indianapolis, looking ahead at traffic lights, modulate my speed so that I will not have to stop, and work my way over to the dealer.

Two mechanics, three hours, remove and disassemble transmission to replace a two-dollar spring that had broken, and we're on our way to Nashville again.
Second one, my K75S, broken clutch cable, maybe 15 miles from service shop. Able to shift without clutch, minimum gear grinding, but again watching traffic lights and varying speed to time for green. Mechanic replaced clutch cable and routed a spare alongside, so in the event of another failure all that would be required would be a swap of cable end connectors.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30521 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
“You know what grinds my gears…”

Sand in vag?...

Big Grin

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43797 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Remember that what grinds your gears is the source of income to a transmission repair shop.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31358 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
You know what really burns my butt?

(Holds hand out at about hip level)

A fire, about that high. Razz

God bless America.

Posts: 13394 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post