SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Customer Support these days..
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Customer Support these days.. Login/Join 
Picture of Blume9mm
posted
So, I'm installing a camera system at my church and realized there was an option in the menu on the receiver/DVR for what is called a PTZ camera.... which is a camera that you can either control, Pan, Tilt Zoom or even program to do this... the system only comes with stationary cameras but I figure why not look into getting at least one... so I go on line at the web sited of the system maker and can't find a camera... I then send tech support an email asking how I connect a PTZ camera to my system and where can I get one and this was their response:

"In order to solve the problem faster, could you please provide your order number/order ID, along with an image of the product information sticker found directly on the outside of your Zosi product, which contains the model information?

Order ID: You can find this in the order history of the account you made the purchase through.

Model Number: You can find this in your account's order history, as well as on the main body of the product that came with the product. If you have a DVR or NVR, the model number can be found on the underside of the device itself. It’s located on a sticker. If you have a standalone camera, the model number is printed alongside the barcode on the product itself. Model numbers help us identify the precise make and model of your product more accurately than a product name would, and can be used to help find the proper software versions for your product.

Application name: We have several different apps which work with specific styles of devices. If your inquiry is regarding an app, please specify the name of the app.

Providing these details will often allow us to determine the issue without needing to ask probing questions, reducing the number of contacts required for us to help you find a solution."

I'll post their final response later.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
If you think that's bad, try contacting an airline these days.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
It’s awful. The guys here are the ones who helped me most with toilet hardware issues, because I could not get any response that was logical in any kind of way from the mfg.
I think it took weeks before I got an actual response (from me calling over weeks..)
Incredibly frustrating.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The use of ‘Covid’ as an excuse for not working has gotten real old.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
The use of ‘Covid’ as an excuse for not working has gotten real old.

True, but it may still be accurate. We are still feeling the repercussions in small business. Try and hold everything together for 2 years with very little income because everyone’s afraid to come in, using all your resources to keep everyone employed, and then you can’t support staffing because you keep waiting for the worm to turn so you can offer raises to keep up with the sudden jumps in wages … guess who isn’t going to wait? Your customers/employees. Then you’re well and truly fucked.
Be kind to the little guys or you’ll end up dealing with nothing but big box. I suspect it’ll be another 3-4 years before people are back on their feet- unless they F us again with the lockdowns.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:

Hawaiian Airlines is easy to contact.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:

Hawaiian Airlines is easy to contact.

That's handy

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I just had a really good experience with customer support, early this morning.

My Apple Watch was mis-behaving; I tried all the usual stuff, power down, re-start, etc., but no joy.

Opened the support page of the Apple website, navigated to "Chat" and after a very short wait, less than two minutes, was connected to a support agent.

His (I assume, but the pronoun might have been "her") language usage and sentence construction indicated the Indian sub-continent, so I was prepared for a difficult session.

Nope, not difficult at all. The agent quickly eliminated several possibilities and zeroed in on the problem. Guided me through the steps to correct it.

Very competent, courteous, professional.

I am a satisfied Apple customer!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
You've quoted their response in your post, but only given a synopsis of your email to them.

While their email is likely a canned response, based on your synopsis of your email, I would want more information too before trying to help. Having more info would help eliminate questions from my side like "What system are you trying to connect to? Do you have any specific PTZ cameras in mind?" There might be others I would ask trying to help you out.

Try handling random questions about your product from users with a plethora of knowledge and experience and you might come up with a good set of questions to help streamline things.

Don't be insulted that they asked, be greatful they are willing to help at all. With all of the various places items can be purchased outside of a manufacture's control, it's a wonder any help anyone beyond "read the manual and best of luck."

I hope you don't take this as me trying to provoke or be argumentative, my goal is simply to offer a different perspective.

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
I had an issue with my Reolink camera and tried to get someone just to talk me through it with no luck. They kept asking me to try this and then send us a photo of what is on the screen. It took about a month and then they finally sent me a replacement camera.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redlickranch:
I had an issue with my Reolink camera and tried to get someone just to talk me through it with no luck. They kept asking me to try this and then send us a photo of what is on the screen. It took about a month and then they finally sent me a replacement camera.

Interesting. I've got 7 Reolink cameras inside and outside my house and only had trouble with one and I've had them for around 5 years or so. Got a woman tech support after a couple of minutes and she talked me through the fix very quickly.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
When I lived back east, It was a requirement (at least in the medical community) to be able to understand rapidly spoken Indian English. I got pretty good at it, but have since lost that skill and have been known to hang up on customer service reps and keep calling back until I get someone I can understand. It's especially irritating when one has to wade through fifteen minutes of an automated system in order to get to a human being.

I did have a good experience with Amazon the other day. I had an order go south and within five minutes I had a refund from an English speaking woman and had re-ordered.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Had an appointment at 7AM for my 10,000 mile service on my Bronco Sport.

At 6:59, the service advisor arrived at my car, asked if I was going to wait in the lounge, took my cell number for texting me and advised me that my rear window wiper needed replacement and so she'd look over the front ones also. She then looked at my car and asked if I wanted them to wash it when the service was done (a monsoon came through last night so it got rained on, then a dust storm converted the dust to mud). I asked how much and she said it was free since I was getting service.

After I was in the lounge for around 5 minutes I got a text from the service advisor with a number I could text if I had any questions.

After an hour and a half, she came and got me and pointed out that the front wipers were replaced also and gave me a print out of all work done and all things checked.

And, I had a latte while waiting and read a book. It was a great experience.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Flash-LB,