SIGforum
Millennial Affinity Group

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/7650078724

July 26, 2017, 10:28 PM
Lefty Sig
Millennial Affinity Group
My employer has "affinity groups" for various ethnic groups - Chinese, Japanese, Southeast Asian, South Asian (Indian), African American, Latin American, etc.

These are company sanctioned social groups that promote and educate about their various cultures. I have learned basic Chinese from that affinity group, and associated with the Southeast Asians because of family and personal relationships.

But a little while ago a "Millenial" affinity group arose, promoting their "creativity" and other BS.

Seriously? The most entitled and self-important generation of the last 100 years needs a special group to express how special they are.

My observation is simple: They roll in around 8:45, take 1.5 to 2 hour lunches, leave at 4, are perpetually late for meetings, and trumpet the "it's the work I do not the hours I keep" mantra.

Sorry, but no one is fooled when you are "working from home" on Friday afternoon after you leave at noon.
July 27, 2017, 03:37 AM
egregore
Don't insult them, or you'll never hear the end of it from their mothers.
July 27, 2017, 06:07 AM
Stinger4me
I have heard them referred to as the; Pampered, Privileged & Protected.
July 27, 2017, 08:41 AM
ColumbusJBR
I hate that I'm (born '84) lumped in with this group...
July 27, 2017, 09:29 AM
SIGguy229
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:

My observation is simple: They roll in around 8:45, take 1.5 to 2 hour lunches, leave at 4, are perpetually late for meetings, and trumpet the "it's the work I do not the hours I keep" mantra.

I wonder how they feel after they've missed a few key 0730/0800 meetings...they can explain that to their new employer.