SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Thieves... hate 'em.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thieves... hate 'em. Login/Join 
Picture of cparktd
posted
I was doing some re-grading for water control around my old construction shop in town late last fall when wet weather stoped progress. I left my ~$700 laser level there because I knew it would be needed again if I got a dry spell.

Well, it and two fishing poles are gone... no other tools or equipment have been noticed missing. Pretty sure I don't have the serial number. My bad.

They could have shimmed open one of the 50 year old overhead doors.

Bastards. Mad
At least they locked the building when they left. Roll Eyes

Only one other theft in 50 years that I know of was a 9 inch angle grinder and I am 99% sure a sketchy employee took that.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
IMO, it should be legal (and encouraged) to shoot them on sight. Catch them in the act, give them a lead injection. Recidivism: Zero.

Catch them later and prove it: Apply the Arab Solution and take a hand.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I’ve often said that if thieves could operate under the expectation that they could be legally shot for theft, there’d be a lot less stealing going on. Of course, that would bring the out the leftist loonies that like to pretend every theft is some guy stealing a loaf of bread to feed his family (when it’s actually about losing a voter…).

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“Thou Shall Not Steal.”
Keeping the Old Testament Commandments is a great place to start.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Last Saturday I followed a known thief around the store for an hour before she finally gave up and ditched all the items she had (over $1000 worth). Yesterday I spent an hour and a half following another one. Got him on video trying to conceal a bunch of stuff in a box for something cheap. Tried to do self checkout but I’d already warned the head cashier. She was kind enough to “deactivate” the anti-theft tag in the box and remarked, “Wow, this box is really heavy!” And oh look at all the stuff in there. Scumbag had the nerve to look angry at us. Roll Eyes

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hahaha, busted with goods in hand & has the nerve to be insulted & pissed. Crazy friggin’ world!
Keep bustin’ the thieving sobs.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My storge locker was broken into in January. By a very polite and considerate burglar:
He moved my bikes to gain access to my bike rack, then put them neatly back in place.
Took several items off a wall rack in order steal my snowshoes, then put everything back on the rack.
Unstacked multiple plastic tote tubs to get the ones he wanted, then restacked them.
Reinstalled the lock he cut to get into the locker back onto the hasp.
Very neat and tidy job! Mad

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now there’s a sick man. Took the time to steal and neatly arranged the items deemed non desirable. That’s bonkers, no fear of being caught. No fear. Cool, calm collected thief!! Bastards!

Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Many many years ago I had an 8 Track tape player stolen from my car at a outdoor concert in Ann Arbor. It was way under and up in the dash panel, bolted to the heater box, looking in from the side windows you would never have seen it.

The crook unbolted it, unplugged the power wire from the fuse block and disconnected it from the speakers very neatly. But he didn’t take the tapes in the glove box and he or she locked the doors after they were finished.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A dozen Cat convertors have been stolen at an auto shop here in tiny town ,
In a year.

The owner may have to close his shop.

The insurance will be too expensive hor him to continue.

When he contacted a fence company about enclosing the business, the owner of the fence company told him
Nope
They are cutting through chain link fence ,
Three nights a week.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Many moons ago when I was younger, I played golf. I went to the local pro shop and purchased a set of Titleist DCI's (told you it was long ago!), played them for around 3 months before they came up missing from my garage. Best hitting clubs I had owned, so I went and got another identical set from the same place. One week later, they were gone. Mad

When I went back to the pro shop and bought a different set this time, I commented to the clerk that the next set would be under camera surveillance and someone would catch a bullet with their next visit. Probably not related to my comment, but that set (Ping) is still with me.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
A dozen Cat convertors have been stolen at an auto shop here in tiny town ,
In a year.

The owner may have to close his shop.

The insurance will be too expensive hor him to continue.

When he contacted a fence company about enclosing the business, the owner of the fence company told him
Nope
They are cutting through chain link fence ,
Three nights a week.

Dogs aren’t much help, they can be distracted with food, dragged food or just plain stolen. I knew of a collision shop in Detroit the thieves cut through the fence and stole the dogs.

Worked in a large Chevrolet dealership in the 70’s. Private security company patrolled the lot at night. One of their employees was caught stealing radios and tires from cars in our lot while on duty. Someone ratted him out, saw him unloading a couple wheels and tires from his company patrol car on a couple occasions and got suspicious.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
A friend had his truck battery stolen.
They replaced his with an old bad one, bolted it in and everything, right in front of his house one night. He noticed the swap largely because his was nearly new.

We figured maybe they thought he would just think his went bad and not realize it was stolen...

Being neat and putting things back in place might cause the owner to think the item was just misplaced or buy enough time before it is noticed to get it sold off. Same for locking doors back...

My Uncle had to fence in his farm equipment business lot, about 4 or 5 acre. The insurance company required it. But all that they required was a 4 foot high chain link. Roll Eyes They claimed it did help because it made stealing from him a higher crime and more worth actually investigating by the police and prosecuting by the DA. They said thieves knew that and thus would go elsewhere.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Need to impose Sharia law, chop off the right hand when caught.

Posts: 5298 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
When I was home one summer from college, I came home well after midnight and saw my brother's custom painted motorcycle helmet across the street from his buddy's home sitting next to an orange late 60s Camaro (i.e. both the helmet and Camaro were out of the ordinary so they caught my attention). My brother was still in high school and frequently snuck out of the house so I didn't think anything of it.

I pulled in the driveway and Dad had left the garage door open since it made a racket when opening (i.e. much quieter closing) and he didn't want to be awakened when I came home. I closed the garage door and went to sleep.

Next morning, Mom climbs in her minivan and the 2 large dials to the car radio were sitting in the cup holders. Old school car radios had 2 large dials and removing the 2 large dials was the first step in removing/stealing a car stereo. Something scared them off and they didn't complete stealing the stereo. I was potentially in the garage at the same time the guy in the van was trying to steal Mom's car stereo.

We started looking around the garage and found several things missing so we called the non-emergency number for the local police. The officer taking the report took my statement and lost all interest once he found out I didn't get a license plate number for the Camaro. This was the early 90s so orange late 60s Camaros weren't very common.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
We just caught our cat sitter stealing meds.

Now we are reviewing our options. She is definitely fired. We are looking on what legal actions we can take next. will depend on how solid our proof is.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post