SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    12 cents worth of popped popcorn in a 12 cent poly bag
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

12 cents worth of popped popcorn in a 12 cent poly bag Login/Join 
posted
$6.50
Yeah that's about right
, (Sarc)

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54638 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
What movie did you go see bendable?

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, this was a bag of skinny pop they sell at Costco,
Now with butter flavor.

Last time I had it it was $4.99.
Way too salty , I gave 2/3 of it too the lady across the hall.

Posts: 54638 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
$6.50 will buy a lot of excellent Amish Country popcorn kernels. Pop your own and have much better popcorn with as much or as little salt as you want, fresh and hot.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Gotta pay somebody $15/hr to pop it.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I figure the corn is from Mexico, they ship it to China to pop and then it gets shipped to the U.S. for packaging and sales.

Either that or they are making 75 % profit per bag.
And I need to start
Looking a prices ,
Prior to grabbing shit.

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I figure the corn is from Mexico, they ship it to China to pop and then it gets shipped to the U.S. for packaging and sales.

It's the price of gas from shipping it everywhere. Smile

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
You have no idea how many hands touch that package we all need paid. It takes up a bunch of space warehouse, transportation and retail. Have we touched on nobody needs it? They want it and that drives the price more than anything.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5151 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well. . . . When you put it that way. . .

Kinda makes me sound like an old fart, that can't keep up with the times.

Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
$6.50 will buy a lot of excellent Amish Country popcorn kernels. Pop your own and have much better popcorn with as much or as little salt as you want, fresh and hot.

And get some Flavacol Link to add for your enjoyment.

I got my most recent batch from Amazon. Trust me on this, you can thank me later.

Posts: 11841 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:

get some Flavacol Link to add for your enjoyment.

I got my most recent batch from Amazon. Trust me on this, you can thank me later.
Good stuff. Walmart carries it.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Our standard is Bob's Red Mill white kernels popped in Nutiva organic butter flavored coconut oil using a vintage decades old West Bend Stir Crazy. Hoosier Farm's white cheddar powder is a frequent topping.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Similar to bald1's method, we use Amish Country, pop it in coconut oil, using a stove-top stirring thingy that has a little cup that hold butter which melts and is mixed in. A small amount of Flavacol popcorn salt.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Hoosier Farm's white cheddar powder is a frequent topping.

We tried Hoosier Farm after having King Arthur "Better Cheddar" which cost more at AMAZE-on. However, the King Arthur is sharper and has a better cheese flavor in our opinion. You won't be disappointed.

And we use olive oil in our decades-old Stir Crazy, so it's gotta be good for you then!

NRA Member

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

Posts: 72 | Location: Tulsa County, Oklahoma | Registered: June 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to question that 12 cents a bag amount. To be truthful the Farmer who grew that corn probably got about .01 cents for that amount of corn.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cheapest bag of unpopped corn at the store here in tiny town
$4.79

I think that the last time I purchased a whole bag, it was .99 cents

Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Bendable send me your address and I will instant karma you a bag of the Amish Country popcorn kernels. Sure beats that microwave crap.

posted Hide Post
That's both kind and generous and very much appreciated.

I will have to see if I even have a popper I. The basement .

Will look for it in this vicinity

Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
You don’t need a fancy or dedicated popper. A metal pot with a lid is fine. You can even use a cast iron skillet as long as you have a lid. Any oil will work, coconut oil is really good. Heat and shake. Tons of YouTube videos with slightly different ways and recipes for flavor etc.