SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Fake Nashville Hot Chicken
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fake Nashville Hot Chicken Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
UGH, are you kidding me?

Was out to lunch today and the place (a sports bar type restaurant) has a "Nashville Hot Chicken" sandwich.

I order it.

What I get is a plain fried chicken breast (like a CFA breast) with a drizzle of Buffalo wing sauce on it. On a roll with some mayo, lettuce and pickles. Roll Eyes

That's FRAUD! That's not "Nashville" anything! That's fried chicken with hot sauce! BOOOOOO

I could not bring myself to be a PITA and send it back since this was a business lunch and I wasn't paying.

Anyone have this happen to them? I would imagine it happens outside of Philadelphia with places that advertise "Philly" cheesesteaks. The tip-off for me is when they are called "A Philly" or a "Steak & Cheese" which you will NEVER see in Philly.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
Ever try asking a restaurant if they have beef on weck?

Especially if they advertise buffalo wings.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1487 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogB:

We have a restaurant here in SC that has beef on weck. They also serve fish only on Fridays. Needless to say, the owners are not from around here...but I'm glad they brought their delicious food with them.

Nashville Hot Chicken seems to be trendy at the moment. I've also seen chicken drizzled with hot sauce pretending to be the real deal.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
That's pretty much all the "New York Style" pizza joints in the entire state of CA.

Posts: 10831 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
You want Nashville Hot Chicken? You go here!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
What he said ^^^^^^

I like it better than princes or pepperfire.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I grew up near Nashville, so I feel ya. I've had the real deal.

In Albuquerque, a place called Firebird Chicken just opened up. They are a "Nashville hot chicken" place. It actually was pretty good. It was NOT hot sauce on fried chicken.

Still not 100% the real thing, but worth going back to.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
UGH, are you kidding me?

Was out to lunch today and the place (a sports bar type restaurant) has a "Nashville Hot Chicken" sandwich.

I order it.

What I get is a plain fried chicken breast (like a CFA breast) with a drizzle of Buffalo wing sauce on it. On a roll with some mayo, lettuce and pickles. Roll Eyes

That's FRAUD! That's not "Nashville" anything! That's fried chicken with hot sauce! BOOOOOO

I could not bring myself to be a PITA and send it back since this was a business lunch and I wasn't paying.

Anyone have this happen to them? I would imagine it happens outside of Philadelphia with places that advertise "Philly" cheesesteaks. The tip-off for me is when they are called "A Philly" or a "Steak & Cheese" which you will NEVER see in Philly.

Nah, I live in Nashville. I get the real deal anytime I want! Hot chicken is by far my favorite food, I get some at least once a week. I love that all the good spots are family run as well, it's always nice going to a place that loves what they do and wants to share their passion with you.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3509 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:

They aren't bad, but Hattie B's is tourist chicken. Slow Burn and 400 Degrees are where you need to go if you want the best. Bolton's if you want to stay in Nashville proper and get burned up. I would normally say hit Prince's up for the experience, but the original is temporarily closed, and their South location just isn't the same.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3509 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:

Hattie B's was my excuse to get to Nashvegas every chance I got. Then they opened up a store in Memphis, so now, not so much driving, much more chicken consumption.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Certain things I just don't order unless I am actually 'there' or have been to a place enough times to know they are legit.

Like Philly Cheesesteaks, Chicago Deep Dish Pizza, Memphis BBQ, NY style Pizza, etc, etc.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Ya'll need to come on and get the REAL Hot Chicken!! It'll get yer attention! Good stuff!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
There's a sandwich chain called Penn Station East Coast Subs, their specialty is their "authentic" cheesesteak. It has banana peppers, marinara, and mustard on it.

http://www.penn-station.com/menu_cheesesteak.php

As the name implies their sandwiches are referred to as "subs", not a mention of hoagie in the place. It's like they've never even been to Philly.

Edit: That prompted me to look at the history on their website. They're from Ohio, the owner went to Philly once. That's about what I assumed.

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:

"authentic" cheesesteak. It has banana peppers, marinara, and mustard on it.
Eek

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:

BW3 - Buffalo Wild Wings and Weck. I have fond memories of blasting 18 wings, a burger on weck, and about 6 22 oz Studweisers back in my younger days at the OG Ohio State location.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

Eek
That ain't a fucking cheesesteak!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

Eek
That ain't a fucking cheesesteak!

Ha! I travel a lot and see a ton of people around the country claiming these “Philly” cheesesteaks are authentic and all that crap. Usually they suck ass, or are tasty, but nothing like a “Philly” cheesesteak.

There should be rules dammit. Like only champagne can be called champagne if it’s made in that specific area of France!!

People are just embarrassing themselves when they try to make something specific to a region in another part of the country...the flavor of the food, as well as the experience of the customer is usually going to be way off.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Cheese steak: there was a decent place called "Philly Station" along U.S. 1 in Port St. John, FL.

They closed. Frown

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Famous Philly's Beef and Beer - 102 South Cooper Street, New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32129

Moved from Port Orange Location, where they were for years at A1A and Nova right down from FL Gun Exchange to New Smyrna Beach.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/famou...nsb-new-smyrna-beach

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post