SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Letter from Bill Clinton-1995
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Letter from Bill Clinton-1995 Login/Join 
posted
My SIL has a letter from Bill Clinton to a teacher in 1995 who got some kind of international recognition. She just retired and asked him to sell it on eBay or Craigslist. It's been up for three weeks with no offers.

I thought that was funny.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm. Any idea as to the content?

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
If it's not a copied signature, why not frame it?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
..why not frame it?

Just my take, because it's THIS guy --

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
have it tested for DNA. ;-)

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's framed. It's a congratulations letter to a teacher for winning a huge award. No one want to buy it or display it. Very funny, I thought.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I doubt it has much to do with Clinton himself. Collectors just don't want to spend money on generic letters with imitation signatures on them.

The signature is very unlikely to be actually his, instead being almost certainly a replica of Clinton's signature by an Autopen.

I can almost guarantee that Clinton himself never saw, touched, or was even aware of the letter. Like all the various congratulatory form letters, it would have been authorized by some mid-ranking staff member, then drafted, auto-signed, and mailed off by some low-ranking clerk.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
She can send the letter to me, along with $20, and I'll burn it for her.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

She can send the letter to me, along with $20, and I'll burn it for her.
Big Grin

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
How could anyone think that it would have ANY value? Confused

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:

How could anyone think that it would have ANY value? Confused
A lot of people voted for his wife. I'm kind of surprised that one of them did not grab this up.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of the USPS bill clinton postage stamps were unsuccessful so they stopped selling them.

People were complaining they wouldn’t stick to the envelopes.

Upon investigation it was determined that people were spitting on the wrong side of the stamp.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
Reminds me of the USPS bill clinton postage stamps were unsuccessful so they stopped selling them.

People were complaining they wouldn’t stick to the envelopes.

Upon investigation it was determined that people were spitting on the wrong side of the stamp.

Big Grin

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
If an autopen signature, it is not surprising. No value in that.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't care if he signed it in his own blood, it wouldn't be worth postage to me.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
How could anyone think that it would have ANY value?

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Autopen

Another fascinating electrical/mechanical device, along with, for example, the IBM Selectric typewriter and rotary aircraft engine. How do people think this stuff up?

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
The signature might possibly be authentic if she was hawt. I’m just saying...

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post