SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Ammo Board, I'm shocked at their current pricing
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ammo Board, I'm shocked at their current pricing Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Not needing any ammo right now, I was just browsing some of the well known ammo vendors that I used previously to see what kind of price hikes they have due to the current situation. Checking SG Ammo and Ammo Board, and Ammo Board just blew me away.

1000 rd case of Federal HST 124Gr 9mm +P (P9HST3) = $579 at SG Ammo. But, on Ammo Board, it goes for $920!

In the nonpanic time, they have both been great. Now, I fully expected price hikes, but damn Ammo Board. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26424 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Yikes. I'm sure glad I have enough stocked up that I don't have to buy any ammo now.

Posts: 3731 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I loosely took the advice a while back to buy cheap and stack deep. I wouldn't say I stacked it deep, but do have a closet shelf full. I haven't been shooting much lately either, for reasons unrelated to the commie cold.

Posts: 27970 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I've seen several posts about what to invest in a few months ago.
Looks like we see the answer.
Just think of them as rare coins with a secondary use.

Posts: 9524 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For the last seven years my small chest freezer has been two thirds full. Last Christmas I stopped buying a lot of Frozen stuff . Well, prices have gone up 15% to 30% since January. Oh well, what are you going to do?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54659 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan of SGAmmo, and buy much of my ammo from them. Fortunately, I stocked up over the past few years, and don't anticipate buying any ammo for awhile. I think SGAmmo's increased prices reflect their increased costs, but several other sellers have raised their prices unreasonably. For example, although I haven't checked Cheaper Than Dirt in years- I stopped buying from them when they tripled prices on popular ammo overnight during some of President Obama's pushes for firearms restrictions.

Posts: 154 | Registered: December 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
That’s some Cheaper Than Dirt-like price gouging right there.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3971 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
It's $800 on Target Sports USA right now, but they changed their pricing before this stuff happened. It's $800 regular price then they drop it massively when on sale to ~$500 a case. I just buy it when it's on sale.

I have a prime membership which knocks another 10% off and free shipping even if I don't buy it by the case.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skins2881,

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20830 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I figure, if the shit hits the fan and I need more ammo than I currently have I probably wont want to be around anyway!

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I'm finding that email-blasts of "WE HAVE AMMO NOW" are advertising some of the worst deals up front while having cheaper stuff available on their site.

LAX ammo sent out one ad saying "we actually have some 9mm" and it was nearly twice a normal price. Another site sent out the same kind of blast with a high-priced AR ammo in the picture, but then on both sites, they had some slightly cheaper stuff available in different brands. I guess the idea is that people will just buy what is shoved in their face during a panic? Maybe it's an availability issue - don't want to advertise what you don't have much of, but damn - so much for advertising the best deals...

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I just back from the range, one of the biggest gun stores in the Midwest, and they did not have ANY 9MM range ammo for sale even for the range which I have never seen there before and been going there for many years. People were paying $27 box of 50 hollow points to shoot at the range.

I bought a case of S&B 9MM 124 gr from SGAmmo for $164 early March and last time I saw it in stock it was $250. Not sure we will see this change any time soon being an election year. I have enough to ride it out for quite a while, years, and plan to shoot more rim fire too buying a Glock 44 soon to have in addition to my Browning Buckmark.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: grumpy1,

Posts: 9748 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Never heard of Ammo Board before now.

That said I’ve both stocked up over the last several years and gotten in to reloading. Prior to all this I could barely reload my preferred 9mm load more cheaply than I could buy it. Fortunately I bought a bunch of components right before this all exploded.

Even with that though I expect I’ll be shooting more .22lr for a while so as not to impact my stockpiles of centerfire cartridges as badly.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sold the ammo I was talking about.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1s1k,

Posts: 3926 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
A lot of the ammo suppliers, Target Sports is one, have free shipping if you buy a case. I am pretty sure they get a Deep Discount from UPS.

Posts: 17250 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I followed Paras advice.

Buy while the time is good. Stack it up.

Thanks Para

Posts: 11856 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43907 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the best pieces of advice I ever got (thanks, Para) was to buy stuff when in was quiet.I changed my personal practices and started grabbing a box or two every time I went out, and a case or two every time I caught a significant sale. When I found a gun I liked I bought another, perhaps a different size, but the same model.

Posts: 17147 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
There are some strange things going on with ammo.

I recently purchased both 308 and 260rem Berger and Prime ammo for cheaper than I can buy the the components to reload them.

Example: $269 for 200rds of Berger 308 with 175gr OTM, free shipping. 200 Berger bullets $95, 200 Lapua brass $152, 200 FGMM 210 primers $7.50, Shipping $10, Hazmat fee $19.95. I already have powder. So, $269 case or $284.45 for parts?

This isn't the only brand either. Did the same cost analysis on Hornady and the price is break even on 308 or 260 ELD-M ammo VS same components to reload. You can come within $50 price difference on loaded Lapua Ammo vs components.

All of this is so weird.

Posts: 2027 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ace31
posted Hide Post
Good luck finding a vendor who IS NOT price gouging... Frown

Posts: 2166 | Location: Wherever the voices in my head tell me to go | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ace31:
Good luck finding a vendor who IS NOT price gouging... Frown

In a free market economy there is no gouging. Freedom is scary, when you really understand what freedom is, it's not.

Posts: 2027 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post