SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    It's spring, so it's time for...ANTS!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's spring, so it's time for...ANTS!!! Login/Join 
posted
Let the losing battle begin once again! Damn odorous ants are making their annual way back into the house. I've already sprayed around the outside perimeter of the house twice this year with the nasty stuff and set out new traps, but the little buggers are evidently undeterred.

It's going to be a LONG time before next winter...

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Boric acid is your friend. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14034 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
1 part Borax and 2 parts powdered sugar is the answer.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Termidor for the kill.

https://www.termidorhome.com/Termidor/AntControl

Posts: 12657 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
1 part Borax and 2 parts powdered sugar is the answer.

Jim

We brew up a batch every spring, make baits and set them out. Still takes too long before the invasions stop.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I have tried every home remedy with zero luck.
I have $135 budgeted each year for the pro.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
Terro works for us. The active ingredient is boric acid, or Borax.

Posts: 8273 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
I put out bowls of water just for the ants. They never come inside the house.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2836 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Buy some professional grade stuff. $13 a tube. Don’t waste money on stuff you can buy at Walmart..

https://www.domyown.com/advion...-bait-gel-p-932.html

You use so little of this stuff that one tube will last you 5 years easy. Just a few squirts along the ant trail will wipe out the entire colony within a few days.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
We have great success with using Ortho Home Defense every Spring (and sometimes again in the fall). Spray the house perimeter outside and across doorways and around windows, and they are gone.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post