SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    It just keeps piling on. More medical issues.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It just keeps piling on. More medical issues. Login/Join 
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted
Pain in my left foot for two weeks. Hurts if I sleep on my left side. Hurts while driving, left foot up by the firewall. In the house, walking barefoot is good. Saw the podiatrist this morning...stress fracture of the Cuboid. Immediately put in an "air" boot. Fracture at the point if it gets any worse...surgery as the damage is right near where a tendon attaches.

We had plans to do two days of fall vegetable garden work starting tomorrow when it cools down to the mid 80s. My wife is, rightfully, pissed.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7319 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's miserable. You never truly appreciate what a foot, hand or back injury/pain can do to your lifestyle until it happens. How long did the doc say before you can go about normally?

Posts: 7121 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
3 to four weeks.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7319 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know a lady that is 84 y.o..
12 years ago she was fine,just fine.
Except for type 2 diabetes.

Now:
Lymphedema
Heart problems
B.p. concerns
Bad left knee
Varicose vein damage
Vestibular degradation
26 lbs. over weight.
Moderate diminished hearing
". ". ". ". Eyesight

I can't describe all the emotion of watching this transpire.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55247 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about that. I can certainly empathize. Just getting off crutches myself.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13133 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
quote:
You never truly appreciate what a foot, hand or back injury/pain can do to your lifestyle until it happens.

And how. I'm living through this right now (hand) and just about the only hobby I haven't cut from the schedule is shooting/reloading. Surgery is in September, then I imagine it'll be 3-4weeks minimum before I'm allowed to step behind a rifle. Hopefully worth it though, as I'm trying to do the GAP Grind down in Finger, TN next year with a friend.

ETA: I've been injured to the point of walking with a cane; in fact, I still keep one in the trunk. It's not a good time.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3376 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I too have been injured to the point of walking with a cane. PT has allowed me to avoid surgery... so far. The warranty on our bodies does wear out, by mileage, not by age.

Take it easy, old man.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27123 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Gettin' old ain't for pussies. I feel your pain man.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:

It just keeps piling on.
Sorry to hear that. I think that I have a few years on you, and it's true. Time takes its toll. It's the price of still being here. Best wishes to you.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31524 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Good luck with it. It does indeed suck. I tore a tendon in my right arm 8 weeks ago and thankfully the ortho fixed it with stem cell injection which avoids surgery. Just have to keep pushing on. Eat healthier, workout, vitamins, do everything you can. It’s all downhill for most of us at this point.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 13008 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder:
I too have been injured to the point of walking with a cane. PT has allowed me to avoid surgery... so far. The warranty on our bodies does wear out, by mileage, not by age.

Take it easy, old man.

[Monty Python]I'm not old! I'm 37, I'm not old![/monty Python]

PT has made such an amazing impact on my life that it's my first stop 85% of the time. They can't find anything definitive on my back, but everyone involved in my care knows it's there. Thus, it's deemed muscular and there ain't a damned thing I can do but live through the suck. I give her a hard time, but I treasure my relationship with my physical therapist as she's truly a miracle worker.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3376 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
3 to four weeks.

Well timed?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32147 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post