SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Motorcycle Covers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Motorcycle Covers Login/Join 
posted
So my son's baseball is over for the Summer, which means that I may have a little time to ride the Heritage. It's been on a battery tender, and a few days ago I checked the air pressure, oil, etc. Good to go. Today is detailing day. I had removed the bags to make cleaning the rear tire easier, and also easier to get to the valve stem. A couple of weeks ago I took off the HD Cover and put it in the left bag. I figured today I would put the cover back in the storage pouch until the Fall. Trying to get the cover back in the pouch was nearly impossible. Is there some reason why the manufacturers couldn't design the pouch maybe 2 inches bigger on each side??? Would it really cost that much more, or do they enjoy driving us insane???

Posts: 660 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bet most folks don't even bother putting it back in the cover. But you are right, a bigger cover would be nice. Enjoy your Heritage, it's one of HD's best all around bikes.

Posts: 415 | Location: Kansas | Registered: August 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
And what about the hot dogs and hot dog bun packaging tragedy?

Don't even get me started.

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
And what about the hot dogs and hot dog bun packaging tragedy?

Don't even get me started.

Yes, but at least when you take the bun out, it's usually eaten, not put back in the package.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Calif Phil:
I bet most folks don't even bother putting it back in the cover. But you are right, a bigger cover would be nice. Enjoy your Heritage, it's one of HD's best all around bikes.

Thanks!! At one time I had the Heritage and a Ultra Classic. I got rid of the Ultra. Not because it wasn't a nice bike, but I got really tired of dragging it in and out of the garage.

posted Hide Post
I used to use a cover. It never failed that I would burn holes in them. I thought the engine was cool enough to put the cover on. But it wasnt. Frown
No more covers for me!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Motorcycle covers, hah, I no longer use one after having three stolen. Thieves also took the solar chargers that were attached to the bike.

A good heavy duty Motorcycle cover for a Gold Wing runs over a hundred bucks.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I keep one at the office to cover my machine on days I ride to work.

It keeps sun damage to a minimum and keeps spur-of-the-moment type thieves' eyes off it.

Its seen lots of use and is no longer water resistant, but yeah, the price of good quality new ones... it might be worth trying the 303 Fabric guard.

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
Motorcycle covers, hah, I no longer use one after having three stolen. Thieves also took the solar chargers that were attached to the bike.

A good heavy duty Motorcycle cover for a Gold Wing runs over a hundred bucks.

I only use the cover when stored during the winter.

posted Hide Post
From an old friend:

What's the best theft-insurance policy for a Harley?

A cover with a Honda logo!

Posts: 306 | Location: PA | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thomasconnor:
From an old friend:

What's the best theft-insurance policy for a Harley?

A cover with a Honda logo!

LOL yep if you want your HD targeted just cover it with an HD logo cover in the parking lot.

There's probably some kind of folding trick you need to do like those u-toob videos of how to fold jeans or shirts for display or packing tightly for a trip..

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post