SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Just STOP with the Weed STOP IT NOW!!!!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just STOP with the Weed STOP IT NOW!!!! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Funny, just rented a car last week. First two they tried to give me reeked of pot, the third one had dog hair everywhere, was annoyed but it was a free upgrade. 2nd rant, every car in that lot was filthy, in & out.

Posts: 202 | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Funny, just rented a car last week. First two they tried to give me reeked of pot

Good luck explaining it to a cop, if you get pulled over. "I swear, officer, it's not mine!" And the previous renter should be charged for extra cleanup.

Posts: 27929 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
When we go to Maryland/DC we like to play a little game of "Skunk or Pothead". And now that pot is getting legalized, there is a noticeable drop in people vaping.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xd45man:
I'll say it. They want us docile and encourageable..

This is my take also…the Kelly Turnbull series by LTC Kurt Schlitcher writes about a divide US (Red v Blue) and in the blue, drugs and booze are not discouraged….makes sense to keep the population calm

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Schmelby:

Question for LEO's. If I'm driving a rental car and get pulled over for a traffic violation and they
want to search my car, what do I do? Fifty people could have rented that car before me and dropped
A piece of crack or weed under the seat. I haven't smoked a joint in in 35 years, I wouldn't want to
get busted for somebody elses drugs. I'm sure this has happened before.

The search is gonna happen if the cop can smell it. If anything is found, it’s on you. I had a case where the driver said it wasn’t his (baggie with maybe two joints) and it was under the seat. Judge didn’t buy it, saying “you know they vacuum and clean those cars when you turn them in”. But defendant was a shitbag with a long history of drug use/sales/etc….

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
As someone who has rented hundreds of cars, that judge has a lot of misplaced faith in the quality of cleanings those cars get. I’ve found all sorts of items under seats in rental cars.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
quote:
Originally posted by Schmelby:

Question for LEO's. If I'm driving a rental car and get pulled over for a traffic violation and they
want to search my car, what do I do? Fifty people could have rented that car before me and dropped
A piece of crack or weed under the seat. I haven't smoked a joint in in 35 years, I wouldn't want to
get busted for somebody elses drugs. I'm sure this has happened before.

The search is gonna happen if the cop can smell it. If anything is found, it’s on you. I had a case where the driver said it wasn’t his (baggie with maybe two joints) and it was under the seat. Judge didn’t buy it, saying “you know they vacuum and clean those cars when you turn them in”. But defendant was a shitbag with a long history of drug use/sales/etc….

I've rented cars to drive to Florida. They don't clean them out. Sand in the trunk and in the back seat, I do the walkaround
and take pictures they just shrug their shoulders and say what do you expect? I think there are some municipalities
that will fleece you for anything they can. I just won't rent cars anymore. I've heard horror stories of people being
railroaded by small towns, confiscating anything they can when they pull you over.
Spend fifty grand to get your ten grand back.

Posts: 952 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
As someone who has rented hundreds of cars, that judge has a lot of misplaced faith in the quality of cleanings those cars get. I’ve found all sorts of items under seats in rental cars.

Interesting. I've probably rented hundreds also and I've never once looked under the seats.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
This was part of a post I made back over the summer.

"I finally get around all the mess of traffic and as I approach the final traffic light I need to go through to get to Lowe's there is a car in the middle lane not moving.
As every one goes around him I follow and as I pass I can see him through his open passenger side window firing up a bong. I can, even with my windows closed smell the stench of pot as I pass him."

I have had this happen in the past.
In my neighborhood there is someone who every so often likes to smoke outside their house. If the wind is blowing the right direction I can't open my house windows if the weather is nice because of the smell.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Talking with a local LEO while examining his K9 partner the other day, and the subject came up. He asks people if there are any illegal substances in the car, and if they say weed he just says "anything else?" and moves on. He said that nowadays unless they have quantity sufficient to be a distributor, or unless they're total a holes, he won't even bother.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I was an Enterprise car wrangler, it was common for me to find the renters stash left behind after the car was returned. And we would get calls from people asking us if we found the stash and could we return it to them? My boss just tossed most of it out.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stuck on
himself
posted Hide Post
I hear you, seems I can't leave the house anymore without getting kicked in the nostrils by skunk weed. On the road, walking through the parking lot, passing someone in the isles of a store - any store and at any time of the day. 1 out of every 3 people is walking around high in public.

Posts: 4177 | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MelissaDallas:
After I moved in where I live now I told my cousin I thought we had a skunk around. He laughed and said it was just the next door neighbors smoking weed on their backyard deck. Weed now smells a lot nastier than it used to.

Someone may have opened a bottle of Corona Extra. Smile

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
The smell of the stuff make me nauseous. Two of my neighbors smoke it and of course they don't want to stink up their house, so they smoke outside. I can't even go in own yard and breathe fresh air, nope I have to smell that shit.

Posts: 21101 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've only rented a couple cars and the last one had an ibuprofen by the back left leg of the passenger seat.
While not an illegal drug, sure wouldn't have wanted a kid to get a hold of it.

And there was some bits of straw throughout the cargo area.

As to the original post, I'm with ya. I absolutely hate the smell of marijuana.

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Had this happen last night. Of all placed, the gym. I check in, head upstairs and as soon as I’m warming up someone walked past and just wreaked. I mean they smelled like they were smoking the dank shit. I have no idea what that stuff was but it had to be the strongest marijuana I have ever smelled in my life. I get done warming up on the machine and go over to set up my bench. I see a guy I know so I pull out my AirPods and go talk to him. “Dude is it just me or does it wreak of pot?” He said nope, not just you. He said the guy was vaping it in the locker room too. I do two warmup sets and go grab the 60’s and oh my fuck. Dude’s clothes alone completely stunk up a commercial gym. The smell was everywhere. Fool was doing chintzy weight then kind of stagger walked out of there, thankfully. I mean a club, a bar, but the got damn gym?

The gym is already a cluster fuck as is without weed heads in there.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
It has no business in any public place that could be a safety concern.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rainman64,

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
The smell of the stuff make me nauseous. Two of my neighbors smoke it and of course they don't want to stink up their house, so they smoke outside. I can't even go in own yard and breathe fresh air, nope I have to smell that shit.

You're in the same position I'm in...and the woman living there is an RN working at a local hospital. I looked it up and the hospital's position is that if they have a medical marijuana card, it's okay if they test positive for marijuana.

You've got to be kidding me. So RNs can now be stoned at work?

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:

No more than an RN is allowed to be drunk at work, or high on pills at work.

Even if it's legal for them to use alcohol/weed/mind-altering prescription drugs, employers are still allowed to prohibit them from being under the influence at work. This is especially true for jobs in which the health or safety of others is at risk, and a nurse clearly falls under that category.

Further, employers are allowed to outright prohibit medical marijuana prescription holders from working in DOT-regulated jobs or safety/security sensitive jobs. Again, a nurse would fall under the latter.

So even if the hospital chooses to continue to employ medical marijuana users, I suspect they still have a policy against being under the influence while at work. If not, they're wide open for a major lawsuit when a nurse makes a medical mistake while under the influence of medical marijuana.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by cas:

You're in the same position I'm in...and the woman living there is an RN working at a local hospital. I looked it up and the hospital's position is that if they have a medical marijuana card, it's okay if they test positive for marijuana.

My neighbor is puffing weed 3 to 5 minutes after getting home. It's on her own property so ordinarily I'd be OK, but impacts me and others for two reasons:
  • She smokes weed on her back patio, and my builder put my HVAC fresh air / make up air intake very near their patio.
  • She drives through the 25 mph neighborhood like she is Mario Andretti. Her kid is a recluse so she doesn't give a shit about other people's kids playing in the street. My theory is us peons are an inconvenience standing between her and her weed.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post