SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Postage Prices
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Postage Prices Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
Brother-in-Law goes across the street to the post office to get our mail every morning. Just part of his regular routine. We handed him a $20 and told him to get a sheet of stamps.

Came back, handed us one sheet of 20 stamps and said it came to $22. I about shit a brick. First tought is "That can't be right!" but then I remembered we're dealing with the USPS, so I went on-line to check.

Good luck getting a straight answer to a simple question on their website. So I went over myself (the postmaster and I are well acquainted and he's a decent guy) and said "What the hell, postage stamps are over $1 each now?"

He stood there literally knee deep in packages and gave me a blank stare for a second and then blinked and said "Oh, shit. I was trying to do three things at once and I charged him for two sheets!"

Whew. I just took the second sheet and left him sorting packages.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15253 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
We made the mistake of saying 'yes' when the nice Costco clerk asked if we needed postage. That was a $53 pack of stamps. We'd better stay healthy to use 100 stamps. We did save $2 though.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4234 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Thats a bunch of sheet.

Posts: 9160 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah yes, the ol’ blank stare while covered up in work. How many more years ‘til his retirement?

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
Ah yes, the ol’ blank stare while covered up in work. How many more years ‘til his retirement?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post