SIGforum
Medicare Advantage BCBS OTC benefit

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/6940046494

September 06, 2022, 07:10 PM
oldbill123
Medicare Advantage BCBS OTC benefit
There is money set aside every quarter to use for over the counter medical stuff. Must be used at Walmart. Usually the cheapest Walmart branded item. Spend 35 dollars or more and get free shipping. Use it or lose it.
Just spent some of it and selected delivery option. The Vitamin d3 bottle they will ship. Everything else is not available for shipping but will be delivered from the store. $9.95 home delivery charge. Total of order is displayed including the delivery charge. Couple lines down the is an item of $7.00 for delivery driver tip to be charged later. It can be adjusted up or down but the fact that is not included in the total and will be charged separately later strikes me as devious. Not to mention it is placed several lines down below the total charge.
Caught it this time. Think I missed it yesterday
September 07, 2022, 02:18 PM
oldbill123
Package delivered

Your driver Babatunde delivered order
September 08, 2022, 02:12 PM
shovelhead
Aetna’s OTC benefit is shipped to your address at no charge from CVS. And no tip necessary for the delivery person.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)
September 20, 2022, 06:12 AM
NK402
Avoid Medicare Advantage like the plague.
September 20, 2022, 07:43 AM
Flash-LB
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
Avoid Medicare Advantage like the plague.

Unless you're into self abuse.
September 20, 2022, 07:50 AM
pedropcola
Why do you say that? My mother has moved near me and I have swapped her Kaiser Permenente (California plan) to a Medicare Advantage Florida plan. I didn’t really notice many options. Did I make a mistake?
September 20, 2022, 09:18 AM
Flash-LB
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Why do you say that? My mother has moved near me and I have swapped her Kaiser Permenente (California plan) to a Medicare Advantage Florida plan. I didn’t really notice many options. Did I make a mistake?

Yep, a huge mistake. Everyone I know who tried a Medicare Advantage plan regretted it and switch over during open enrollment.

OTOH, Medicare Advantage is undoubtedly better than Kaiser, but then just about everything is.