SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Direct TV
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Direct TV Login/Join 
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted
Called on Friday to cancel the service, had to speak with 4 different reps, telling them all the reason I want to cancel, only to be transferred to another person. My final answer to the last person is because your customer service sucks, you are raping you customer on the prices and canceling stations like OAN.

Here we are on Tuesday, it's 8:30 AM, and I have had two flipping calls from Direct TV asking me why am cancelling their service and trying to make deals to keep me as a customer.

What part of cancel your damned service do you not understand?

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6487 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
If you have an automatic payment setup by credit card, tell them you’re going to dispute the charges from now on with the card company. That’ll probably wake them up.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
If you haven’t already, set your cell phone to silence calls from numbers not on your contact list. DTV will call you for a couple of months from an in-state number, trying to entice you to come back. Guess what? They never leave a message.

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I cancelled them over a year ago because price increases and crappy service. Not a week goes by without them calling me to restart the service. Since AT&T took over they suck.

Posts: 63 | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I get calls all the time from OTA TV asking how I like their service! Big Grin

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post