SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Irritating Lexus commercial...What is the woman yelling?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Irritating Lexus commercial...What is the woman yelling? Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted
Saw this during the Tour de France.

A woman in a blue Lexus pulls up to a cyclist and yells something to him. With my diminished hearing I can't decipher what she says. Whatever it is, it has gotten on my nerves, especially the way she says it. And after hearing it 95 times.

Just what does she say?

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Is this the commercial?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16251 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
She’s yelling, "you don’t pay taxes for these roads so stop taking up the whole lane and slowing down progress and; I don’t give a damn my dear about what the goobermint’s law says. The law of physics says my 5,000 lbs vehicle at 55 mph will ALWAYS win over your 250 lbs body moving at 11 mph."

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
Is this the commercial?

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iLVFbdD5JQg" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Yes

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
She’s yelling, "you don’t pay taxes for these roads so stop taking up the whole lane and slowing down progress and; I don’t give a damn my dear about what the goobermint’s law says. The law of physics says my 5,000 lbs vehicle at 55 mph will ALWAYS win over your 250 lbs body moving at 11 mph."

Your hearing is more screwed up than mine !

美しい犬

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
"DO...YOU...WANT...SOME...MORE?"

"Wait till you see me on the downhill."

"Ha ha ha. See you at home."

(You can click on Closed Caption, then select English from the little gear.)

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16251 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:

Road that borders my house man. Fuck me. All of them are out there in a big ass pack. Be 50 of them, at got damn rush hour. I used to roll down the winduh and yell “Lance Armstrong sucks!” Or I’d yell “Rush hour, real bright you fuck sticks!” Now I just take the long way round. Idiots.

It will never make sense to me. I ride a MTB. Sidewalks, grass, light dirt, all work well. I burn some calories bunny hopping curbs too. If I have to cross a street with cars, I must be a genius, I wait for the road to clear. Cross. Then get back on the sidewalk on the other side of the street and never even get close to a moving vehicle. It’s got damn magic!

I ride motorcycles too. I don’t leave my neighborhood without a full armored suit on, armored gloves, boots, and a helmet. And these people are out there on a 40 mph street with cars in skin tight wannabe yellow jerseys like it’s the Tour De France. Other than a brain bucket, shit will get real if they go down. I’ve seen them back up traffic for a half mile. Everyone on the road is wondering if there is a wreck, Fire truck or Ambulance came through. Nah, it’s just those ass holes.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12557 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
"DO...YOU...WANT...SOME...MORE?"

"Wait till you see me on the downhill."

"Ha ha ha. See you at home

(You can click on Closed Caption, then select English from the little gear.)

Thank you for a straight answer.

美しい犬

posted Hide Post
Lol, I expected it to be very hard to understand. It was not. She just repeats what the trainer on the peleton bike is screaming. As the guy said above.

Posts: 7327 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't care how great Lexus is, I will never own one because they clearly market to the yuppie douchebag crowd. October is around the corner so get ready for all the "December to remember" commercials where 20 somethings buy Lexuses for their "partners" while living in their McMansions.

Posts: 787 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
"if you can catch me, you can have me"

Posts: 23207 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They do make douchey commercials. And their grill looks like ass. Fix that shit.

Posts: 7327 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Cannonball Run?

Posts: 43 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: May 31, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MASig:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Cannonball Run?

No. Gumball Ralley

Posts: 1169 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Road that borders my house man. Fuck me. All of them are out there in a big ass pack. Be 50 of them, at got damn rush hour. I used to roll down the winduh and yell “Lance Armstrong sucks!” Or I’d yell “Rush hour, real bright you fuck sticks!” Now I just take the long way round. Idiots.

The Tour de Plugged up Roads goes well with a vibratone horn.

It is not particularly loud, just nobody is expecting one on the road.

quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
They do make douchey commercials. And their grill looks like ass. Fix that shit.

Never figured out why an $80,000 jalopy has to have a spittoon on it, but they are popular.

Posts: 9104 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lol, I expected it to be very hard to understand. It was not. She just repeats what the trainer on the peleton bike is screaming. As the guy said above.

Sorry, but the commercial I've seen on TV is an abbreviated version of the video posted.

美しい犬

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:

quote:

Never figured out why an $80,000 jalopy has to have a spittoon on it, but they are popular.

Re: Lexus grille.
Supposed to be a spindle & a nod to Kiichiro Toyoda (founder of Toyota Motor Co) who was in the automatic loom business prior, with his father Sakichi Toyoda.

[/threaddrift]

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15133 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
This is what the grill looks like.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34072 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
This is what the grill looks like.

Domo Arigato Mr Roboto.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yea just what I want, my expensive cars grill to look like Sleeping Beauties loom. Who thought that was a good idea? Just hide that old fuckers inititials somewhere like Jeep does everywhere and give us a normal non loom grill. Lol