SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Ammo Prices
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ammo Prices Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:
quote:
Originally posted by MMSIG229:
quote:
Originally posted by remsig:
Not to hijack your thread MMSIG229, but I just got to tour the prison in July, 2021 and it was an awesome experience. The Shawshank Redemption is my favorite movie of all time and it was very cool to visit where a lot of the movie was filmed!

Hi neighbor!! We're in Hudson. That was the first time we're been there. My 11 year old son sat at the warden's desk!!!

Hey 229, I grew up in Hudson. Dad used to help do the decorations on the clock tower and actually helped with cleaning the clock works when it was still working. Also had many a Milkshake at Saywell's. BTW, Saywell's actually had and used Tiffany Coca Cola serving trays and had two Tiffany Coca Cola overhead lights. Note, if you don't know about Saywell's ask an old timer, you'll get an earful. They had the best chocolate Milkshake on the planet and the key was the recipe for the syrup, a closely held secret that only the owner knew.

Hi Scooter!!! I love Hudson, I grew up in the Chagrin Valley but moved to Hudson about 22 years ago. I'm a Past Master of Hudson Masonic Lodge, many years ago their lodge room was in the room above Saywells. Regarding the Clocktower, Jamie Duck serviced it a few years ago. He has since passed. And yes, the mouse still climbs up the side at Christmas!!!

Posts: 660 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by remsig:
quote:
Originally posted by MMSIG229:
Chagrin Falls or Cuyahoga Falls??

Sorry, Cuyahoga Falls. I forgot about Chagrin Falls.

Cuyahoga Falls is nice. I'm down there several times a month at the Masonic Temple on Sackett Ave and 23RD st.

Posts: 660 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Was in my favorite LGS yesterday afternoon and 115gr FMJ was priced at $15.50 for 50 rounds (Fiocchi), and also some Federal at $33.00/100 rounds. Didn't bother pricing .22LR since I already have a lifetime supply...

Posts: 4584 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
I took a guest to our local indoor range last week.
We brought 2 SIG SAO 9mm.
P226 X5 Short & Smart and a P210A Target.
Also a SIG P226 SSE DA/SA and a Dan Wesson PM9 1911.
We shot 300 rounds of my cast lead 9mm reloads.
11.5 cents per loaded round.
Placed two dollars in the money box on the wall on the way out of the range. Several hours of fun! My guest had a blast!
Less than $40 for everything, including the gasoline for the trip.
Para, thank you again for the "buy it cheap & stack it deep" advice.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1532 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Walmart had some 22 ammo and 20 gauge shotgun shells.. Looks like 22 is 10 cents a round now.

The real problem is powder which is $38/pound wholesale. That could have a long term effect on ammo prices.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was buying Tula 9mm for 123 a case. Just saw it was at high 200’s. Double but starting to get back to pre crazy levels.

Posts: 7460 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No one is "restricting" ammo (except maybe California and New York.) This same forum has a thread on the price of copper wire. Complaints have been lodged about gas, beef, and bacon. Inflation, demand, the limits of production, the increasing cost of labor, and the price of fuel are all impacting the price of ammo. When ammo companies increase production because of temporary market conditions, such as widespread rioting, they pay overtime rather than making a long-term investment in labor. Overtime costs more. Lead costs more. Brass costs more. Transport costs more. The only politics involved are such factors as oil lease restrictions, the pipeline not being completed, and supply chain issues largely caused by California's energy policies impacting trucking. There's plenty to be paranoid about in the gun world, but ammo is not being "restricted." We're ALL being "restricted" by artificially induced inflation.

Posts: 17140 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Suggest you all go to Ammoseek.com its a database of various sellers offering at their best prices. Ammoshoponline.com has Norma brass for 13.19/50 with no freight for orders over $200. I just bought GECO brass for $13/50 no freight also. You just goota look.

Posts: 43 | Location: Hilton Head Island, SC | Registered: August 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post