SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Bridgestone you can…
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bridgestone you can… Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
Michelin is my go to

I wish Michelin would make a true off-road All Terrain tire.
I have the LTX AT2s on my Tundra and while they are superb on the road in all conditions any serious off roading they falter a bit and have no sidewall protection.
If they had the AT2s in the Suburban’s size I would have likely gotten them instead of the Defenders.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25417 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
My off roading is fields, not boulders or trails.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
I hope their MC tires are ok because I'm putting a set of T32 https://www.bridgestonemotorcy...ax-sport-touring-t32 on my Honda tomorrow. I just came in from taking the rear tire off and changing brake fluid. I haven't had Bridgestones on a motorcycle in quite a while and never had them on a truck or car.

Pilot Road 4 on the Vulcan S I had briefly. Only rode them in the dry, but they were a great tire.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15304 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
So guess what the Suburban is getting tomorrow??
Michelin Defender LTXs!

Smart move, very smart move!

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
I hope their MC tires are ok because I'm putting a set of T32 https://www.bridgestonemotorcy...ax-sport-touring-t32 on my Honda tomorrow. I just came in from taking the rear tire off and changing brake fluid. I haven't had Bridgestones on a motorcycle in quite a while and never had them on a truck or car.

Pilot Road 4 on the Vulcan S I had briefly. Only rode them in the dry, but they were a great tire.

I've had a set of the Michelin Pilot Road 3's and a set of the 4's on a Honda ST1300.

I'm here to tell ya, those fuckers stick to the road like glue!
Dry, wet, hot, cold... acceleration, stopping... they grip and do not slip.

Interstate, literally pouring down rain where your visibility is shit, 80-90 mph keeping with traffic.... like riding on rails.

Getting ready to change them again and will likely go for the new 5's this time.

Buddy was a moto nut and said I was nuts for riding in the rain. I asked why... he said wait till you spin a tire or lock one up during a stop.
I tested/played with these Michelins pretty hard too see what they would do and they don't spin, slide or slip.

As long as Michelin offers the correct tire size, that's what I purchase.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
The Vulcan was due for a rear tire & was going to get a Road 5.
Only complaint I've seen on them is they have a tendency to grab/toss small debris, unfortunate for your buddy behind you.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15304 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
My Fire Department had Deuler Revo3's on our Dodge Durango Duty Officers vehicle. I don't remember what tire it had from the factory but the Revo3's were a huge improvement and everyone was happy with them.

I know they had about 30K on them with plenty of tread left when we got rid of the Durango and replaced it with a new rig.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
On my second set of Road 4's on the FJ. Night and day difference from the OEM Dunlops. Wear better too.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15221 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
I had duelers on my old gmc and they cupped really bad. Replaced them with cooper at3s and love them. The factory tires on my new truck are hankook dynapro and they are decent and cheap, but cooper at3 is my go to for a good all around tire, when these wear down.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig77:
I had duelers on my old gmc and they cupped really bad. Replaced them with cooper at3s and love them. The factory tires on my new truck are hankook dynapro and they are decent and cheap, but cooper at3 is my go to for a good all around tire, when these wear down.

I have the AT3s on my 2000 Silverado and they are a good tire but no comparison to these Defenders.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25417 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Though it's been 20 years, the Bridgestone RE-71's I had were good enough that I tried to go get some more when the time came but they had been discontinued.
They also had a commercial somewhere in the world that was banned that I still enjoy:

Posts: 7253 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
The Bridgestone came up when I was looking at tires for the 302. I'm now really happy I chose to go with the Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate instead. Would have gotten the F1 Asymmetric like I had on the old car but they don't come in the size I need for the back (285/35/19). I'd have hated to spend that much on tires only to be miserable with them.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3352 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post