SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Bridgestone you can…
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bridgestone you can… Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
I’ll keep quiet with the cursing.
Never bought a set but have had 2 vehicles with them and they both were complete crap.
Wife had a 2003 Mustang with some sort of all season Potenzas when we met. Decent tire when it was dry and warm but a touch of rain and if it was cold and even thought of a snow the rear tires would start to spin before you even put the thing in gear.
Bought a super low mileage 2015 Suburban in 2020 fella traded it in for a 2020 and did not like the wheels on the new one so he had the dealer swap the brand new 2020 wheels to the 2015. So they were brand new factory take offs with zero miles Bridgestone Duelers. Everyone on the forums complained how horrible of a tire they were and were lucky to get 2 years out of them. We’ve had it for 2 years and put 22k miles on them. Wife has been complaining she felt the backend was sliding out from under her on curves now that it has gotten cold. Tires look to have plenty of life left. Supposed to get a bunch of snow and I had not been to Sams in a bit so I headed out as the snow started. Had a little bit of snow but nothing major I’ve plowed my Mustangs in far worse snow than this.
Holy crap!!!! The rears were spinning like mad even in Auto 4wd and if you thought about turning the backend would get sideways quicker than you can blink. These tires are 2 years old and have less than 25k miles and are flat out dangerous.

I had to get the kids from school so I took my Tundra with 1.5 year old Michelins and plowed through this snow like nothing!

So guess what the Suburban is getting tomorrow??
Michelin Defender LTXs!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Your subject line immediately reminded me of this old Bridgestone commercial.

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I had a set of Bridgestone Potenza RE980AS on my Mercedes C300 Sport & they were fantastic in all weather conditions.
Comparable to the Michelin Plot Sport AS3+ we have on our Flex & that my coworker has on her twin Mercedes C300

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Let me guess...made in China now?

Probably made out of recycled condoms...

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Let me guess...made in China now?

Probably made out of recycled condoms...

Mexico, in the case of the RE980AS above.

The Pilot Sport AS4 is mixed for the sizes needed for my former Mercedes. US for the fronts, Mexico for the rears.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
I had a set of Bridgestone Potenza RE980AS on my Mercedes C300 Sport & they were fantastic in all weather conditions.
Comparable to the Michelin Plot Sport AS3+ we have on our Flex & that my coworker has on her twin Mercedes C300

How many miles do you get out of them? I thought these tires were pretty good until recently. I have a little over 20k miles on them and they should have not changed how they perform in anywhere near that period of time.

I have been out blasting in the Tundra tonight with ease. Looking forward to get these Michelins on the Suburban tomorrow.
Not excited at the cost but not a chance in the world the wife and kids are rolling on these tires anymore.

————————————————

in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
I had duelers on my 4Runner and they lasted until 46k but were horrible.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3685 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
I hated the Bridgestone Duelers that came on my 4Runner. I had cords showing at 45k and the wear bars were howling like a banshee. Rode for shit and if you spit under them, they’d spin. No wet traction whatsoever. Same with whatever Bridgestones came on my Camry back in 2006. Garbage.

Michelin is my main choice on cars and I just had a set of defenders (X-tour made specifically for Costco) put onto the Camry today. I put Falken Wildpeak A/T’s on the 4Runner a month or so ago and they are a helluva lot better than the Bridgestones. I was on some ice yesterday that made me pucker a bit but the wildpeaks did what they were designed to do. In the 12” of snow I got, they performed exceptionally. I’m not 100% sold on the tire yet because I haven’t had a chance to get them muddy off-road, but if they can handle what I throw at them, I can see it becoming a go to for the 4Runner

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mutedblade,

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

How many miles do you get out of them? I thought these tires were pretty good until recently. I have a little over 20k miles on them and they should have not changed how they perform in anywhere near that period of time.

I have been out blasting in the Tundra tonight with ease. Looking forward to get these Michelins on the Suburban tomorrow.
Not excited at the cost but not a chance in the world the wife and kids are rolling on these tires anymore.

Staggered setup on the Merc, so could only rotate L<>R & got about 36k out of them.
The run flat Continental that were on it from the dealer only lasted 16k Eek
The Potenza was a huge improvement over the runflats.

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
I hated the Bridgestone Duelers that came on my 4Runner. I had cords showing at 45k and the west bars were howling like a banshee. Rode for shit and if you spit under them, they’d spin. No wet traction whatsoever. Same with whatever Bridgestones came on my Camry back in 2006. Garbage.

Michelin is my main choice on cars and I just had a set of defenders (X-tour made specifically for Costco) put onto the Camry today. I put Falken Wildpeak A/T’s on the 4Runner a month or so ago and they are a helluva lot better than the Bridgestones. I was on some ice yesterday that made me pucker a bit but the wildpeaks did what they were designed to do. In the 12” of snow I got, they performed exceptionally. I’m not 100% sold on the tire yet because I haven’t had a chance to get them muddy off-road, but if they can handle what I throw at them, I can see it becoming a go to for the 4Runner

I had the Wildpeaks on my Expedition EL and they did great in the mud. They self cleaned very very well.
Don’t want anything that aggressive for the Suburban it’s just the family mover.

————————————————

Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
My 4Runner also came with Duelers. They were complete crap. I had to replace them at around 30k/2 years of pretty easy driving. Even when new, I wasn't happy with the wet traction. I always had good experiences with Bridgestone in the past, but it had been about 8 years since I had last tried them.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have poor traction in the 2wd Tacoma. Damp roads. I blamed the truck. Maybe it is the Bridgestone tires I put on it. Never drive it in the winter

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
IME, OEM tires are low-end garbage selected by manufacturer for price point. I typically replace them the first month, and I should've done the same with the Hankook's that came on my current truck. They hit 4/32 in 30,000 miles but with none of the soft tire benefits like dry traction. Michelin's made a world of difference dry, wet, noise, handling, etc.

The only exception is my Dad's last 2 leases have come with Michelin's. Both were Chevy Equinoxes, and he says the tires are everything you'd expect from a Michelin.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
mostly this^^^^

Most of the better names make good high end tires. Many of the same brands will make crap for OEM if that's what the manufacturer requests. I've had quite a few OEM tires not make 25K.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 1991 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No experience with Bridgestone truck tires, but I've had fairly so-so results with their high performance summer tires. Then again I've had so-so performance with pretty much all brands when it comes to longevity, particularly with the rears as 911s usually eat them up with aplomb, depending upon how devilish my driving habits are, or the number of track days I do. Getting 15,000 miles is usually a pipe dream with any set of rears, regardless of make. But how soon the performance starts going away...Michelins tend to last better than Bridgestones, Continentals, Pirellis and particularly the last Dunlops I chose on a whim.

We put a set of Pilot Sport all-seasons on my wife's Mazda 6 and they've performed as anyone would expect out of a product from Michelin, but they are one hell of a NOISY set of tires. The Pirelli Zero Neros that the car originally came with (and the set that replaced the OEM tires at 55,000 miles) were quite competent rubber and very quiet running. The only reason we didn't go with them again was because Pirelli discontinued making the tire size that fit her Mazda.

Classic "Just turn up the stereo" scenario...

-MG

Posts: 1932 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
What a change in this vehicle with these new tires! I had to really try to get the backend to break loose in the snow.
Now that the snow is gone the ride of the truck is substantially better. Rides smoother and a much more comfortable less hating ride.
It’s raining like a mother today so I’ll see how it does on all the water slick and pooling surfaces.

————————————————

Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
I got some cross climate 2s for my Volvo.
Haven't had any snow/sludge to try them out in yet.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I used Bridgestone Potenza on my vw Jetta in northern Chicago and se WIsconsin for years without issues. The blizzards I drove left a crapload of 4x4s in the ditch. Never got stuck…

Posts: 1343 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Michelin is my go to

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
I hope their MC tires are ok because I'm putting a set of T32 https://www.bridgestonemotorcy...ax-sport-touring-t32 on my Honda tomorrow. I just came in from taking the rear tire off and changing brake fluid. I haven't had Bridgestones on a motorcycle in quite a while and never had them on a truck or car.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7040 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post