SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Messed up a watch…AGAIN.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Messed up a watch…AGAIN. Login/Join 
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted
Doh!!! Mad

Sinn 103, second time I have screwed up the day/date function.

I know DAMN WELL how to set the day/date. I’ve got least half a dozen watches with at least one of those complications. I just gave my brother a GSAR and explained to him the importance of setting the time past 3 before changing the day or date.

So WHY DOES MY DUMBASS PROCEED TO CHANGE THE DATE WITHOUT MOVING THE STUPID TIME FORWARD FIRST TODAY on my prized Sinn?????

I felt it catch and the gears skip and immediately knew what I had done. The gears on this movement are already very prone to damage from my experience. I knew better…

I stopped and moved the time and tried again but the result is that the day changes properly but the date now changes at around 8 am. Damnit.

This is the only watch I have ever screwed this up on. And the last time it completely F’d the day/date gears and I had to send it in. They fixed it under warranty, but I don’t know if they will again.

Frustrating. And I’m mad at myself. I knew better! I’m going to wear it and deal with it for now unless it starts losing or gaining time.

Arrrrhg.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11465 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
huh my casio never misses a beat lol

Posts: 7884 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

My Citizen has a perpetual calendar, which is a handy feature.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10885 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Garmin links to the GPS system anytime I go for a Walk or Run. As a result I don't have to fuss with anything and it's all spot on within a tiny bit of a second.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I put in the Sellita 200 date works in every 2824 I work on now.

It actually will spring back out of the way and not damage the teeth on the date wheel.

I just serviced a Marathon GSAR and upgraded the barrel bridge and the date works. It's bullet proof now.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34427 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Old rule of thumb, never change date between 10 and 2. On a day/date, I'll manually advance past midnight to advance the day, then advance the day, then date after.

Posts: 666 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
I put in the Sellita 200 date works in every 2824 I work on now.

It actually will spring back out of the way and not damage the teeth on the date wheel.

I just serviced a Marathon GSAR and upgraded the barrel bridge and the date works. It's bullet
proof now.

I'm looking at several Stowa models in the Marine line. How does the Sellita movement compare with the older Atlas movements????

Posts: 666 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

My Citizen has a perpetual calendar, which is a handy feature.

So does mine but it is perpetually wrong. I cannot for the life of me figure out to set the damn date. Its like a rubrics cube. Dont forget to factor in how many years past a leap year into the combination.

Posts: 5470 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post