SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    "Click here to get a quote"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Click here to get a quote" Login/Join 
Picture of spdski
posted
I'm shopping around for a very standard repair on a vehicle. I moved to the area last year, so I don't have a good feeling for which shops I want to consider.

I look at yelp, which leads me to go to the websites of a few shops. Some have a "click here to get a quote" button where you can submit a bunch of info about your vehicle and the potential job.

I've now heard back from two of these shops:

"Stop by and we we will do a free estimate," and "start first by calling our store located at..."

What the fuck was the point of having me fill out a form with my vehicle info and specifics about what I wanted?! Argh!!!

That is all.

Posts: 1273 | Location: Waxahachie, TX | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Insurance companies online do the same thing.

Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints

Posts: 43 | Registered: March 05, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
At least when you call AT&T for service, they greet you with 'what is your name and account number' all of the six times you get transferred to a different department.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Because they want your info so they can call, text and email you 47 times a day for the next 6 months...

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
Exactly....

I was looking for a new vehicle and started chatting with the sales chat lady on the website that pops up and now my phone rings like crazy.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

Because they want your info so they can call, text and email you 47 times a day for the next 6 months...
For those forms, my phone number is (999) 999-9999 or sometimes I use their phone number.

My email address is no@spam.com

My name is "Prospective Customer"

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spdski
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redlickranch:
Exactly....

I was looking for a new vehicle and started chatting with the sales chat lady on the website that pops up and now my phone rings like crazy.

All of this started that way for me. I'm trying to fix a couple of small things with my new-to-me used SUV. That shopping experience nearly led to a few other threads on here.

Like the dealer who told me "the online price for that car is $24,999, which means the actual price is $27,999 unless you finance all of it with us, and ...., and...." I actually walked away while he was still talking.

Posts: 1273 | Location: Waxahachie, TX | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post