SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Firefox browser.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Firefox browser. Login/Join 
posted
Four upgrades in the past two weeks and now Firefox slows to a crawl.

can't those kids just leave it alone?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The MS Edge browser is actually pretty good these days, I’m about to ditch Chrome for it everywhere except my iPhone.

I think FF is a relic to be honest, you have better options in 2022.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Was a Chrome user, switched to Brave from suggestions here.
Happy with it so far

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Used Firefox for many, many years, but swapped to using the Microsoft Edge browser once Windows 11 came out. It seems fine, and Microsoft seems to have gotten better at making it more secure than IE was.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i abandoned chrome a long time ago, internet explorer ages ago.

i use ff on pc, laptop, cell phones, with adblock+ see no adds.

Posts: 2207 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I used FF years ago, preferred over the other offerings at the time (on Windows). Then when I went all Mac, I stuck with Safari for a while, tried FF on the Mac but preferred Safari. I now use, and like very much, Vivaldi for Mac, a chrome-based browser with built in ad and tracker blocking, plus a host of configuration options. With no iOS option for Vivaldi (Android only), I use Brave on the iPhone.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of K0ZZZ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
The MS Edge browser is actually pretty good these days, I’m about to ditch Chrome for it everywhere except my iPhone.

I think FF is a relic to be honest, you have better options in 2022.

I've gone with Edge even on the iPhone. Works pretty well everywhere.

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper! Use 'Take5' to get 5 bucks off.

Posts: 769 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought it was just me thinking that FF was slow as molasses in the winter time

I swear I get it working fine and then they upgrade/update whatever then it sucks again

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post