SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Postal Service Strikes Again!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Postal Service Strikes Again! Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Post Office never stopped the mail, even though I had scheduled a mail hold. Moreover, they just kept cramming the mail in every day even though no one was picking it up. You'd think it might dawn on them that no one was home, but that's obviously too much to expect from the post-Covid postal service.

see my post above. Yesterday I talked to the letter carrier. He never saw a notice we were holding our mail. He says can't trust the online usps.com website.
That reinforces what I was told at the postal service annex also.
Bottom line: DO NOT trust online orders for holding or forwarding mail. Get a form from the letter carrier and leave it in the mailbox.

Posts: 18335 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
quote:
The Post Office never stopped the mail, even though I had scheduled a mail hold. Moreover, they just kept cramming the mail in every day even though no one was picking it up. You'd think it might dawn on them that no one was home, but that's obviously too much to expect from the post-Covid postal service.

see my post above. Yesterday I talked to the letter carrier. He never saw a notice we were holding our mail. He says can't trust the online usps.com website.
That reinforces what I was told at the postal service annex also.
Bottom line: DO NOT trust online orders for holding or forwarding mail. Get a form from the letter carrier and leave it in the mailbox.

It's a lost cause, at least at my Post Office.

I called the next day. On the 5th attempt, someone finally answered the phone. I explained the situation. She apologized, said she would talk to the carrier and tell them to stop delivering our mail.

My wife's friend stopped by again yesterday. Not surprisingly, she reported that the mailbox was stuffed full again. Roll Eyes

Posts: 6557 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I'm in luck, just about half of my mail goes through the Palmetto, Ga. distribution center.

I'm in luck that is, if they don't hold on to it for five to seven days.

Wondering what their diversity score is?

Posts: 9381 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Speaking of the Palmetto distribution center, I have a package sitting there since March 11th. I finally filed a lost mail report on Friday. It will be interesting to see how long they bother looking for it.

Update: Delivered April 8th. Dropped it off at the postoffice this morning, return to sender, as the vendor had refunded my money due to the length of time.

Update number 2: Dropped the package off at the post office April 9th. Clerk marked it refused. April 10th it was back enroute to California making it through two distribution centers. Today it arrived back in my mailbox. Grrrrr.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: snowdog,

Posts: 296 | Location: North Central Florida | Registered: December 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post