SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Vienna Sausage & Saltines have shrunk!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vienna Sausage & Saltines have shrunk! Login/Join 
posted
Remembering 70 years ago when I went fishing with my father he always had Vienna Sausage & Saltines to eat. I bought some last week. The Libby's sausage can looked smaller & when I opened it the sausages were 1/2" shorter than the can & were loose. The Nabisco saltines are smaller & the stacks fit loosely in the box! Shrinking saltines, WTF!

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4263 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah and a Moon Pie and RC cola later at the bait shop. Also pronounced Vyeenah sausage.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've eaten Vienna sausages during some long callouts when there was nothing else available but I never learned to like them .

Posts: 4048 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Sometimes on the fishing excursions we had crackers with cans of potted meat ( ?? meat)... ............. drill sgt.

Posts: 1999 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I enjoy Vienna sausages occasionally.

Vienna sausages: tasty treat, or mystery meat?
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...190078084#4190078084

I prefer Kellogg Club Crackers (Original) to any saltine.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8931 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I prefer Kellogg Club Crackers (Original) to any saltine.

As a child in the 50's I only remember Ritz & Saltines. Of course the packages of 2 sandwich crackers were on a rack with the pickled eggs. I remember Keebler Club Crackers coming out I think about 1960 when I was a teen. It could have been in the 1970's but my memories of 1963 thru 1969 are much different (Univ of TN & US Army) & crackers were not on the menu. Why, shrink the Saltines?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Anush,

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4263 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sara Lee bagels were $3.99 for six in the bag. Now, 5 bagels in bag at $4.99.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always thought they shrunk in the cold. Maybe not.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
Sara Lee bagels were $3.99 for six in the bag. Now, 5 bagels in bag at $4.99.

In Fry's yesterday, Chompies bagels, 6 in a bag, 2 bags for $5.00

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Vienna sausages are cheap and make a turd, and are pretty much non-perishable, making them a good "pantry food," but that's about it.

How about Campbell's Pork & Beans with no pork? Roll Eyes Similarly, Dinty Moore beef stew has virtually no beef in it any more. Mad They won't even make a good turd.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Vienna sausages also known as Puppy Peters, think about that when you eat the next can.

Posts: 18031 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Long term ammoholic
Picture of gunnutty
posted Hide Post
That's a vision I don't need in my head. LOL

quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
Vienna sausages also known as Puppy Peters, think about that when you eat the next can.

Posts: 670 | Location: North Central Arkansas | Registered: February 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
At age 65 I've noticed everything is shrinking.....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=85MZ4c1EWkM

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Ah yes shrinkflation. I do not drink coffee however I have been told coffee used to come in a 1 pound can? I guess no more.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2570 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I liked them as a kid, but developed a mild allergy, or something to them. Cannot keep them down & haven't had any in over a decade.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15268 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
<snip>
How about Campbell's Pork & Beans with no pork? Roll Eyes Similarly, Dinty Moore beef stew has virtually no beef in it any more. Mad They won't even make a good turd.

Amen.

Dinty Moore Beef Stew – Where’s the beef?
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...980034774#3980034774

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8931 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:
Ah yes shrinkflation. I do not drink coffee however I have been told coffee used to come in a 1 pound can? I guess no more.

I used to buy bags of whole bean Kona coffee in 16 ounce bags. Then it became 14 and now it's 12.

Bags still look the same though.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:

THERE WAS SHRINKAGE!!

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah and saltines break and crumble easier. They’re using less of some ingredient or using a different combination of ingredients.

Probably a team of MBA’s at work cutting costs.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post