SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Posts in threads that do not contribute to the thread
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Posts in threads that do not contribute to the thread Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
Mad RANT Mad

There was a similar thread some time ago about members who put their two-cents into threads seeking help with a project or problem, even though they have zero expertise in the area and just want to see their 'witty' response in print.

The reporter who was murdered in a Saudi consulate is a major international story. I'm sorry if you cannot understand why, buy snarky comments of "why should I care" does nothing to contribute to the thread and only distracts from those of us who might want to have an intelligent discussion on the topic.

I asked to have it unlocked, the answer was a very understandable, "nope".

Para - would you please consider Re-opening the thread about the murdered journalist?

At the end of the day, if you don't care or don't understand....move along...or even better ASK an intelligent question about why you should care or understand.

Frustrating.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12335 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
So?

Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Report This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posts in threads that do not contribute to the thread
Along those lines, how about the inevitable circle jerk every time there is a thread about social media? In other words, there is always a half dozen or more people who chime in they either quit it or never had it, and they like to quote each other.

Same thing happens to a lesser extent when a TV show is discussed as there is usually a few "I don't watch TV" comments in there.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23264 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, it pisses me off also. Especially when someone chimes in with some 3-5 word answer that has nothing to do with what's going on in the thread.

posted Hide Post
Is this where the funny cat pictures are?

Posts: 7506 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Will there be pi?

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
Glock 19

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Report This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
But will this effect the development of the B-3 bomber?

Posts: 2016 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Report This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I really want to comment in this thread, but I have nothing to say. I'll give it a think and post again later.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8220 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
after I win this lottery ,
I will be contacting Para about paying for the addition of a switch to his computer system.

This switch would allow members that he selects, to adjust the threads that they open ,
so as to delete unwelcome or perverse posts.

just like now we can hide people we don't want to read , via the ignore feature.

example :
I start a thread about a movie,
and after four posts, someone offers a post to the thread that is neither appreciated or relevant. I would then be able to prune that post , w/o alerting the Sig Forum owners /operators.

poof its just gone.

but only people who start the thread can prune the thread

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54648 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
The hippopotamus is the most dangerous herbivore.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31445 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Never saw the original thread before it was locked.

I also use the same oil in the Kenworth and a push mower and everything runs great!

Bendable has a good idea. Don't know if it is feasible or would allow the post originator to get an explanation beforehand. On to the cat pictures!

Posts: 9156 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Report This Post
Honor and Integrity
posted Hide Post
I'm sick of all the rain we've had this summer.

I think I'll have a bowl of Peppermint Stick ice cream for dinner tonight.

Posts: 2222 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Report This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Yeah. I don't mind the jokes and such. But I was hoping to see more discussion about the Journalist and it's a bummer that the whole topic got locked. It's definitely big news.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Mad RANT Mad

There was a similar thread some time ago about members who put their two-cents into threads seeking help with a project or problem, even though they have zero expertise in the area and just want to see their 'witty' response in print.

The reporter who was murdered in a Saudi consulate is a major international story. I'm sorry if you cannot understand why, buy snarky comments of "why should I care" does nothing to contribute to the thread and only distracts from those of us who might want to have an intelligent discussion on the topic.

I asked to have it unlocked, the answer was a very understandable, "nope".

Para - would you please consider Re-opening the thread about the murdered journalist?

At the end of the day, if you don't care or don't understand....move along...or even better ASK an intelligent question about why you should care or understand.

Frustrating.

Para never said "nope" in that post. Wink
quote:
I was sick of the "why should we care" and "this is business as usual" posts. It was either close it or breathe thunder, so I closed it.

Does mine count as quality discussion post? Razz

Q

Posts: 26404 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
after I win this lottery ,
I will be contacting Para about paying for the addition of a switch to his computer system.

This switch would allow members that he selects, to adjust the threads that they open ,
so as to delete unwelcome or perverse posts.

just like now we can hide people we don't want to read , via the ignore feature.

example :
I start a thread about a movie,
and after four posts, someone offers a post to the thread that is neither appreciated or relevant. I would then be able to prune that post , w/o alerting the Sig Forum owners /operators.

poof its just gone.

but only people who start the thread can prune the thread

The Hide Post feature more or less accomplishes the same thing.

Do... or do not.
There is no try.
Picture of fau
posted Hide Post
Who?

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
John has a long moustache

(Actually I agree entirely)

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5646 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Report This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Mountains. Heavy are the mountains, but that changes... with the passage of time.
Sky. Blue sky. What your eyes can see. What your eyes can't see.
The sun. One. Only one.
Water. It is agreeable.
Flowers. So many the same. So many without purpose...

Wait a minute, what was the question again??? Oh yeah...

Saudi Arabia finally admits Jamal Khashoggi is dead.
Claims he argued with men he met in embassy in Turkey and died in a fight as regime arrests 18.
Their crown prince fires his close adviser and deputy spy chief.

Posts: 9156 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Report This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Just buy a Mac.

Posts: 7358 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Report This Post