SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Facing selling a cherry Camaro
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Facing selling a cherry Camaro Login/Join 
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted
I hate the process of selling cars. I have a one-owner 2010 Camaro 2SS, manual transmission, 12K miles on it. It's been garage kept, only had slight precipitation on it 3x in 13 years. Even the original floor mats haven't been used yet (custom cut rubber ones have been used). The process of getting what it's worth, dealing with "looksies", especially on a manual transmission car... Ugh.

Guess I need to sleep on it and just get ready.

Do the Sigforum classifieds allow cars? Wink

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Put it up for auction. They have those televised auctions on all the time and cars like you describe sell on there often.

Posts: 3369 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usmc-nav
posted Hide Post
Consider listing on the website Bring a Trailer.
I follow it often and they seem to get good prices for their listings. You can also set a reserve price.

www.bringatrailer.com

Posts: 538 | Registered: August 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
That or put it on Bring A Trailer. Friend just sold his M3 (it was the last year with a V8) and the process was a piece of cake. Got well over his reserve.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
I will check that out. Thanks!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
There have been a few cars listed here in the past.
A GTO being the most recent I can recall.

Not sure if the classified rule of list here & only here would apply on a car.
That would be a question for the office/Para.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
A widow I shoot with every week sold her deceased husband's car, a 5 speed manual.

She said she finally started telling people she wasn't going to let them use the car to learn how to drive a stick shift.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Definitely look into Bring a Trailer. I bought a car off that site and continue to look at the auctions from time to time. It is IMHO a very good place for a unique car and can bring a higher price than limiting yourself by selling locally. One note of caution on the reserve feature, a friend of mine recently sold a replica tribute race car he built and told me that BAT required him to set a lower reserve than he would have preferred in order to list on their site. The car sold for over the reserve but he was a bit disappointed.

Posts: 546 | Location: S Fla / Western NC High Country | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
I hate the process of selling cars. I have a one-owner 2010 Camaro 2SS, manual transmission, 12K miles on it. It's been garage kept, only had slight precipitation on it 3x in 13 years. Even the original floor mats haven't been used yet (custom cut rubber ones have been used). The process of getting what it's worth, dealing with "looksies", especially on a manual transmission car... Ugh.

Guess I need to sleep on it and just get ready.

Do the Sigforum classifieds allow cars? Wink

I sold one of my Mustangs to a fellow member on here.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25353 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay Motors, Bring a Trailer all decent online venues.

or,

Check the big three used car buying companies for quotes. You can do it online, get a price from each and take the highest, drive over, sign it over and get a check.

Eliminates car dealer low ballers, tire kickers,

https://www.carmax.com/sell-my-car

https://www.carvana.com/sell-my-car

https://www.vroom.com/sell

https://www.webuyanycarusa.com/?c=logo

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Maybe advertise it as "bitch'n". Cool

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
And tell people you drove it up from the Bahamas.

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
You're kidding!

Posts: 3653 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I would look into Bring a Trailer. They put together good listings and will help you through the process. It’s a go to site for people looking for cars that are not your average sale.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
And tell people you drove it up from the Bahamas.

With his punk rock girl.

Posts: 124 | Location: Oro Valley, Arizona | Registered: January 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
There have been a few cars listed here in the past.
A GTO being the most recent I can recall.

Not sure if the classified rule of list here & only here would apply on a car.
That would be a question for the office/Para.

That was my GTO. I asked Para about a vehicle in two places at same time, he left is to my discretion. Out of respect to that, to Para, and members here, I posted it here for a week or two and then removed before putting on CL.

The car sold on CL for $2K more than expected (full asking price) within two weeks.

Wish I could find the ad I uploaded to CL but; it included a willingness to trade for a Nighthawk as part of the $$ and also stated, "do not tell me about me about how your rich uncle in Nigeria, want your agent to come by, etc. We'll get along better if you don't try to insult my intelligence..."

Also added, "I don't need anybody to help me sell my car. If you want to resell this car, buy it for my price, sell it for yours."

Those little things seemed to weed out the scammers.

if it helps, here's the ad I posted. (GLWS Wink)

Original Owner with lots of receipt and original documentation
Quicksilver
91,000 Miles
Manual 6-Speed
Black Leather Interior
17” Wheels

Condition:

Outside/Paint – Good to very good. Holden was known for very thin paint (ie., there are some chips on front and spoiler top paint shows crazing). Also, vehicle is 16 years old and has been stored/parked in my garage 90% of the time hence, kids have created a couple unwanted scratches.

Inside – Excellent to Like New with little to no wear and zero fading or stretching / tearing of seams. (The 04-06 GTOs are notorious for split seams on the seats when left in the sun and/or not cleaned and conditioned on a regular basis.)

Body:

SAP Hood (hood plugs removed to allow heat dissipation) and SAP Grills

New Stereo:

• Alpine 9831 Single DIN Head Unit with CD player to include:
o Terk XM radio module and antenna (painted same as body color)
o PAC SMI-Xmodule to allow use of steering wheel controls
• Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.5” Separates
• Memphis Audio 8” Woofers mounted in rear deck with sealed box underneath
• Memphis Audio [Big] Belle 1600 Amp mounted in trunk on custom made, mounting board covered in material matching stock material in trunk and, covering/hiding woofer’s sealed box (mounting board’s template also included)
• Subwoofer Module controller (for the amp) Included but not installed/mounted. Wiring for use is installed and routed from head unit to amp.
• LED Battery Meter with distribution blocks for power and ground (located with amp)
• 27 sqft of Dynamat
• 0-gauge power and ground wires
• Lightning Audio Signal Wires (signal wires routed form HU down center of car, speaker wires routes on left and right of car to prevent signal interference)

Interior:

• Gentex Self Dimming Mirror with Outside Temp & Direction display, and map/reading lights
• Bell V955 Radar Detector with Power Wire Routing Hidden
• New OEM shift knob
• Window tint (light transmission is: 60% front, 40% back, 20% rear)

Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires:

• Pedders Street II Suspension
o Front Coils (No Drop) x2
o Rear Coils (No Drop) x2
o Strut Bearings x2
o Adjustable Alloy Strut Tower Bar
o Strut Mount HD x2
o GSR Strut x2
o GSR Rear Shock x2
o X-Member Mount
o Urethane Rear Differential Insert
o Castor Adjustable Radius Rod Front Bushing x2 (adjusted for no crown in road)
o TTY Bolts X-Mamber x2
o TTY Bolts Differential Carrier x4
o Complete Installation Documentation/Directions
• Hotchkiss Front and Rear Sway Bars (installed for stiffer ride (not stiffest setting))
• Full cradle (front and rear) alignment by Haddad motor sport with new Torque To Yield (TTY) bolts installed at this time per Pontiac specifications
• Tube of White Lithium grease included (try to find a tube of that Wink )
• DBA 4000 Series Brake Rotor (front and rear)
• NAPA Premium Ceramic Brake Pad (SS-7599X front pad – same as Corvette pads and providing 20% more area compared to stock GTO pads)
• 17” MB Motorsports Wheels with Keyed Lug Nuts
• Continental Extreme Contact Tires (stock size) (approx. 3,000 miles on this set)

Transmission:

• GMM Ripshifter with AMS Synthetic Transmission Fluid
• Skip Shifter installed. Prevents vehicle from forcing driver shifting from 1st gear to 4th gear under certain driving condition (allows driver to always shift from 1st into 2nd)

Engine:

• Mishimoto Radiator and Overflow Tank Hoses
• Griffin Polished Aluminum Radiator (no plastic side tanks to rupture when you are far from home)
• Jamesbiz Oil Dipstick (milled aluminum with red anodizing)
• Jamesbiz Front and read Pontiac Emblems (Polished milled aluminum with red epoxy filler – will not fade like stock emblems do and NOS will)
• K&N Cold Air Intake and Filter
• SLP High Volume Oil Pump (Timing Cover Seal also replaced)
• 180 Amp Alternator
• New Clutch Cover, Flywheel, Disc and Slave Cylinder (replaced at 87,480 miles)
• New Goodyear Serpentine Belts
• Kendell Oil GT1 (changed on 6,000 mile cycles)
• New Optima Red Top Battery (replaced in May 2021)

Original Parts:

• All Original Documentation to include Window Sticker, Owner Codes and CD
• Original Blaupunkt Six-CD Head Unit with Mounting Cage
• Original 17” wheels – with Center Caps
• Original Radiator Cover (will not fit atop the aluminum radiator)
• Air filter box
• Front License Plate Holder
• Shift Knob
• Stock woofer mounting rings
• Both Keys

Additional Parts Not Mounted:

Aluminum Front License Plate Holder (allows holder to be mounted under front air dam without marring front of air dam)

Cell Phone Holder (on right side of air conditioner/interior environmental controls and allows phone to be facing driver – uses stock mounting hardware and does not require vehicle to be modified)

Approximately 20 additional lug nuts with Gorilla Locks (not the OEM lug nuts and plastic caps)

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Email me some pics and a price. Your email shows as invalid.

Posts: 1740 | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1flynDO:
Email me some pics and a price. Your email shows as invalid.

You need to actually type the @gmail.com

He has it written out in the profile so he does not get spammed

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25353 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
Can we get a picture and a price. Where are you?

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5130 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post