SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Another Shipping Issue
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Shipping Issue Login/Join 
posted
May 10 I order more diabetic supplies. On May 11, USPS Surepost shows them in transit. On May 13 the tracking shows they will be delayed. I contact the supplier, more will be sent FedEx. Yesterday, Fedex tracking showed them as "Delivered, left on the front porch." They were not. I called Fedex and waded thru the robot to get.....nothing. I called the supplier. We danced for 20 minutes about whether I was lying. They agreed to another shipment, signature required. Maybe. Signature is required at the gun store where I work, too, but there is a covid exemption. The jerk sometimes leaves guns on the loading dock for us to find.

What the heck? I get 10 packages a month at this address, never has been a problem. Is someone, somewhere, hoarding proprietary test strips and lancets? They're worthless unless used with a glucometer provided by the company.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I had a shipment coming FedEx a few weeks ago. I was gonna be gone, no signature required or anything. I had it held at a local FedEx drop point, Walgreens counter. It’s about 6 miles away, kinda on my way home.

I realize it may be less convenient, but I think they have less to argue about when it’s held at a ‘trusted’ facility. Where we live there are no ‘porch pirates’.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I get it, but there were no "porch pirates." I have a camera. It simply was not delivered, no matter what they claim.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
No, not saying yours was stolen. I’ve had things fall off tracking, then show up later. I cross my fingers most times with a ‘higher value’ order.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Had a shipment of Diamond Audio speakers (2 12" woofers and a pair of 6.5" separates delivered to my door while living on base.

Diamond Audio was wise enough to use the box as an advertising billboard with "signature required" in it.

Ya, UPS had a hard time explaining how $2K (that was dealer cost) came up missing and no signature on file.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a gun shipped 2 day UPS. Tracking shows it was picked up Monday then no movement. I have signed up for text notification this morning no text notice.
UPS usually shows every step in the shipping trail but the must have changed. I tracked through UPS site show out for delivery, the only new tracking since it was picked up.

Posts: 134 | Location: HENDERSON, NEVADA | Registered: December 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Just had an issue with Fed-Ex.Checked tracking number and 6 minutes previously the driver entered an exception on a signature required delivery that no one was home. Someone(s) WERE at home. There was no Exception Notice attached to any door. No did anyone in the house hear any type of delivery truck (we live on a very quiet street). There is no way any attempt at delivery was made.

Needless to say Fed-Ex "Customer Service" is an oxymoron.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had shipping problems with FedEx and UPS, but USPS continues to surprise me. I overnight priority express to Pennsylvania a hefty check and it arrived next day at noon, as expected.

I can get USPS overnight shipping from Phoenix to Tucson while FedEx takes a few days and UPS shipment can be up to a week.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
despite the talk on various forums, the news, and I would guess fakebook etc,
I still get notes from customers wanting to know why a package may be late,

usually it starts off with have you shipped yet, and if not, why not (and yes, they have a tracking number when I generate the postage) to why is it stuck in some place,

like I have a freaking clue,,,,,,

sadly, it took 10 days for a rifle to go from RVA to a town in Maryland just north of DC,
got a note every day from the buyer,,,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
USPS continues to surprise me.

Yeah me too <heavy sarcasm here!).

Had a one ounce first class letter sent from Los Angeles take FIVE #$%^&*& WEEKS to get here in flyover country. I mean WTFO?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Update-the package shipped via Surepost on 5/10 arrived today. Still waiting on the one Fedex "delivered."

Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
The USPS just returned an undeliverable Christmas card ('no such address') to us. We'd sent it to friends who have lived there, smack dab in the middle of Dallas/Ft. Worth, for 30+ years. Admittedly, I did not add the 4-number Zip Code extension but everything else was correct.

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 1976 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the other hand, I ordered a gun from Osage County Guns Monday, and UPS has it showing as "delivered" at the shop. Hey, one out of three ain't bad.

Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
I know the feeling.

I pulled a 2000lb lathe away from the wall, and am waiting for a 1 micron linear scale to arrive in the mail.

It was almost here. Federal Way, WA is usually the last scan before it's "out for delivery" in Bellingham, WA.

So, I wake up in the morning, pour a cup of coffee and track the package:

So, from Federal Way, WA to Albuquerque is 1600 miles. Scanned out of Federal Way at 830, and into Albuquerque at 2am. That's 4-1/2 hours, considering the time zone difference, that's 355 mph. In the opposite direction, apparently on a jet
, when it was only an hour drive away.

The geniuses at USPS made an error that resulted in a packaged being blasting-off on a jet at least 3200 completely unnecessary miles. It's no wonder they're in trouble. Rightfully so.

I'm not at all familiar with the USPS hiring process, but I have my suspicions about the entrance exam.

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In a shipping situation myself right now, placed an order last Monday, two packages shipped out on Tuesday with two separate tracking numbers, both packages arrive in NJ Thursday morning both scanned minutes apart. Tracking show delivery for both packages by end of day Friday, second package scanned showed up Friday at 5:20, no sign of first tracking number, tracking updated with new delivery day Saturday by end of day, ok no problem, Saturday comes and goes no package, no tracking update either. Wake up Sunday tracking updated with shipping exemption, new arrival date Monday, tracking show on truck for delivery, Monday comes and goes no package no update, wake up this morning, tracking updated with unable to deliver, next day delivery requested, WTF I didn’t request it, still shows on truck with delivery today by end of day. Figuring I have a 30% chance it shows.

Posts: 10 | Location: People’s Republic of New Jersey | Registered: May 08, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redeye65:
In a shipping situation myself right now, placed an order last Monday, two packages shipped out on Tuesday with two separate tracking numbers, both packages arrive in NJ Thursday morning both scanned minutes apart. Tracking show delivery for both packages by end of day Friday, second package scanned showed up Friday at 5:20, no sign of first tracking number, tracking updated with new delivery day Saturday by end of day, ok no problem, Saturday comes and goes no package, no tracking update either. Wake up Sunday tracking updated with shipping exemption, new arrival date Monday, tracking show on truck for delivery, Monday comes and goes no package no update, wake up this morning, tracking updated with unable to deliver, next day delivery requested, WTF I didn’t request it, still shows on truck with delivery today by end of day. Figuring I have a 30% chance it shows.

This is fed ex

Posts: 10 | Location: People’s Republic of New Jersey | Registered: May 08, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
USPS continues to surprise me.

Yeah me too <heavy sarcasm here!).

Had a one ounce first class letter sent from Los Angeles take FIVE #$%^&*& WEEKS to get here in flyover country. I mean WTFO?

I've got some small things I bought from Brownells in March that I'm still waiting for. What the actual fuck.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3352 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
I ordered a 10$ bag of neodymium magnets once, that didn't show up. After a month, I contacted the eBay seller, who happily shipped me another bag, which arrived quickly.

2 years later, I got the original bag of neodymium magnets in the mail. With a 2 year old postmark.

My best guess, the original bag magnetically stuck to to something inside a mail truck, and was found much, much later.

Revenge came last year, when the wife ordered a new blade for her Cuisinart food processor. It arrived with a blade protruding through the side of the padded envelope, covered with bloody fingerprints. I can't believe someone was stupid enough to ship what is essentially a double ended serrated razor blade, in a padded envelope.

I think I even posted pics of the bloody thing here on sigforum.

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As I type this I have a USPS package sitting in a distribution center across town since the 17th. It made it halfway across the country in 3 days, and for the last 7 has been awaiting "distribution" 30 miles away. I filled out their online "find my mail" form so we'll see what turns up.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I'm sitting here at my desk with a DESTROYED overnite package. There are goddammed footprints on this shit.

Whoever the driver was KNEW this was severely damaged. To shatter the PVC and acrylic the way it was, he HAD to have set it at an angle and STOMPED as all our products have to meet ADA standards and durability.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post