SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    People who refuse to wait their turn in on/off ramps
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
People who refuse to wait their turn in on/off ramps Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't think this applies to what the OP is bitching about.

You are correct SpinZone, I was only half-reading and not paying attention to detail.

What the OP is pissed about equally infuriates me and is something I do NOT do -

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?.../watch?v=Bpdm3OKniHE

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Originally posted by guardianangel762:
There is something called the zipper that people need to do according to engineering.

Link

The people merging from the left have part of the idea.

I agree with you on this so much! But...we have this thread about every 3 to 6 months and the "zipper merge" proponents get pummeled; so I gave up trying to fight it. That said, I am the guy who will drive down the lane and weasel my way in at the sign that says "merge now", I'm not going to begin lining up a half-mile back just because everyone else does.

Flame away, I can take it. And the freeking Department of Transportation has got to the point in Minnesota they are running commercials on how to do it.

+1

Preach it brother! Can I hear an "Amen?!"

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1951 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Report This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
The "zipper method" works when there are LANE CLOSURES, as in two lanes are slowly moving and every other car merges into the open lane. It's not...repeat...NOT intended for being an inconsiderate selfish ass when others are lined up and PLANNED AHEAD to exit onto an off ramp with the next lane of traffic zooming by.

When one zooms up to the "beginning" of the line and tries to ease their selfish ass in, they're causing a MASSIVE traffic hazard for the cars behind them that are moving at posted speeds. THAT...is what causes accidents and multiple lanes of traffic to start slowing down instead of just the one lane that's exiting.

If this was what the OP was posting about, my mistake. Those guys deserve both guns and missiles. And poo.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1951 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Report This Post