https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/6360094684

November 04, 2021, 09:17 PM
ugeesta
Dick Wolf Productions
Chicago Fire
Chicago P.D.
Chicago Med
FBI

I used to enjoy watching the shows but all I hear now is the same soundtrack on all the shows. Gets old fast…

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.
November 04, 2021, 09:33 PM
Jelly
I hardly ever watch tv these days myself. Far too much of it is just garbage.
November 05, 2021, 06:55 AM
divil
We cut the cable in 2014. Don’t miss that shit at all. I used to be a big Law & Order watcher in the 90’s and early 00’s. I don’t think I could sit through an episode now if you paid me.
November 05, 2021, 08:04 AM
hudr
Don’t all those shows also have a main character that sounds like he needs a cough drop?
November 05, 2021, 11:11 AM
Rey HRH
In some ways, I missed my old ritual of waiting for my favorite tv show to come on - Seinfeld, NCIS, JAG, etc.

Now I don't follow many series anymore except the odd one like The Sinner on AMC. And even that, I have YouTube TV to automatically record it. I have the other shows also set to record but rarely do I go and watch any of it.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.
November 06, 2021, 11:12 AM
egregore
Well, the shows are created and produced by the same guy, and the music is composed by the same guy, so …
November 06, 2021, 01:28 PM
CPD SIG
I've watched a total of 20 minutes of P.D. just because I get to laugh when the Technical Director shows his ugly mug on camera.
I laugh
I yell
I throw something at the tv
I spit my beer out all over

Then I call the Technical Director on his personal line, swear at him in English, Ebonic and a little Italian, congratulate him on getting a great job, and getting out of here, ask how the family is, then "Hey, you BETTER call me next time you're back home, we need to go drinking!"

That's the only reason I've ever watched those shows. I figure that I see it live, and in person every day for the last 26 years, I really don't want to watch it on TV.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy