SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Another Thread On The Frustration Of Buying A Vehicle
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Thread On The Frustration Of Buying A Vehicle Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Huh, doesn't seem to be as much room as I remembered, maybe an additional inch from where I'm comfy in the seat
Mad I'd really like to have an intermediate size truck like that, but I need the legroom.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Try a Maverick? Might be worth trying it on & see how you fit

~30 miles from you in St Cloud
https://www.autotrader.com/car...25&clickType=listing

~13 miles away
https://www.autotrader.com/car...&clickType=spotlight

45 more within 50 miles of your area

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15286 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I don't think the Maverick will work

From Ford

Maximum Leg Room - Accelerator 42.8
Effective Leg Room - Second 35.9 (2.5L Hybrid)/36.9 (2.0L)
Hip Room - Front 55.4
Hip Room - Second 54.1
Shoulder Room - Front 57.3
Shoulder Room Beltline - Second 55.6

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I just read that people in San Diego are paying a..wait for it....40% markup for Mavericks in the San Diego area. The highest markup of any vehicle anywhere in the country.
At list price, it's not just the cheapest new truck, but practically the cheapest new car you can buy, and a hybrid at that. But from the outside they look small inside.

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:

I don't think the Maverick will work

From Ford

Maximum Leg Room - Accelerator 42.8
Those published measurements are absolutely meaningless. There is no standard for these measurements.

Example, these are all manufacturer's published numbers for driver legroom:
  • Ford Escape: 42.4"

• Bronco Sport: 42.4"

• GMC Canyon / Chevrolet Colorado: 45.0"
The GMC / Chevrolet should be the clear winner, ¿si? NOPE! I tried, and I can not fit into the driver seat. My knees and the steering wheel try to occupy the same space. Doesn't work.

The Escape and the Bronco Sport should be the same, if you judge by the published numbers. Especially since they are built on the same platform. I tried them both at a Ford dealer, couple days ago. They both work for me. The Bronco is slightly roomier for me, in the leg department, due to a different interior layout. Just a bit more legroom in the driver seat, but nobody could sit in the rear seat behind me in the Bronco; the Escape has a better layout and the rear seat is actually usable even with the driver seat all the way back.

I was not able to try a Maverick. Dealer says that they are all sold before they are unloaded from the delivery truck. They are built on the same platform as the Escape and Bronco, and dealer states that there is ample legroom for me in the driver seat.

The fourth generation Escape, from 2020 through the current production, is the roomiest of all Escapes, and the most affordable of the vehicles that I have tried, on the CPO used market. I put a deposit down yesterday on a 2020 CPO. I spotted a couple things that I wanted taken care of, so it probably won't be ready for delivery until the end of the coming week.

It's red, so insurance will be expensive.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post