SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    A precedent is a legal example that describes a rule for future events
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A precedent is a legal example that describes a rule for future events Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted
The plural is "precedents."

Not precedence. That word has to do with the priority or relative importance of things. Generals take precedence over colonels.

Not presidents (I have seen this).

Not presence.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
A precedent is a legal example that describes a rule for future events
I thought that Donald J. Trump was the precedent, and Mike Pence is the vise precedent.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30640 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
This is unpresidented.

Posts: 27925 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
If you are driving too fast on a wet road and you are about to slide into a bus, the swear words you say will precede the dent.

Posts: 9139 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
President?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I like getting/giving presence.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Presents, dents.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Too late, the Statue of Limitations is up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
This post gives notice of a new precipice...

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
This isn't as bad as "I have an item for sell"...

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
This isn't as bad as "I have an item for sell"...

You do? But I payed you for it!

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
The plural is "precedents."

I knew you were going to post this.

Posts: 15885 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
Are we speaking in the present tents?

Posts: 1516 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
My father received correspondents ☺from a law office that was addressed to Kernel XXXXX. The salutation in the letter was the same as were several mentions in the body of the letter. He proceeded to mark it up with a red pen and send it back to the office, addressed to the principal partner, personal and confidential.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked Roosevelt Big Grin

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54598 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post