SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Stupid Tourists
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stupid Tourists Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The B.B.C. is reporting that tourists in one Japanese city have become so problematic,
That
The city officials are constructing a nine foot tall barrier that blocks the view of mount Fuji.

Trash, traffic, giant crowds noise and confrontations are
taxing the towns employee's.

The fabric curtain already has camera lens sized holes cut in it.

They said that this never happened before social media.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55234 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
This may have been a local or a tourist, no details.

https://www.adn.com/alaska-new...ack-troopers-report/

Man dies in Homer moose attack, troopers report

By Anchorage Daily News
Updated: 20 hours ago
Published: 21 hours ago

A man died in a moose attack in Homer Sunday, Alaska State Troopers said.

The circumstances of the attack — as well as the exact location — were not immediately clear as of Sunday...

It was a local guy:

https://www.homernews.com/news...day-moose-encounter/

Long-time Homer resident, photographer dead after Sunday moose encounter

Troopers on Monday identified the victim as 70-year-old Dale Chorman

By Jacob Dye • May 20, 2024 1:30 am

A moose attack near Homer left a 70-year-old man dead on Sunday, according to Alaska State Troopers.

A trooper dispatch published the same day says that two men were attacked by a cow moose in Homer. The moose kicked one of them, and when medics arrived they declared him deceased.

Troopers on Monday identified the victim as 70-year-old Homer resident Dale Chorman.

The encounter took place on Chorman’s property near Fritz Creek, his friend Tom Kizzia said Monday. It happened when Chorman and another friend were out looking to take photos of any of several moose giving birth near his home. Kizzia said Chorman “was deeply aware” of the risks associated, as he was “a long-time naturalist, birder, bear viewing guide and wildlife photographer.”

Kizzia said Chorman and his wife have spent decades in Homer developing connections in the community and deepening their relationship with Alaska and nature.

Chorman’s family, Kizzia said, hope that the cow moose is left alone — “she was just doing what she needed to do … Dale would have been the first to understand that.”

The Sunday dispatch says that the moose left the area and that troopers were still investigating.

Posts: 16030 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some people have no respect or fear of animals in nature until they experience it first hand.

Posts: 7105 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
....so silly

This cracks me up.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12741 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
So moose don't do bluff attacks like black bears?
Nice to know.

Great glacier photo.
Alaska is the most non-disappointing place I've ever been. That is to say, it exceeded all expectations.

Posts: 18437 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Yea, roos and moose are on the same level

Posts: 4061 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
So moose don't do bluff attacks like black bears?

They will. I've seen one do it.

We were in Wyoming at a campground and had scored a nice spot overlooking the river. About 200 yards upstream a cow moose and calf were grazing on the edge of the river. We were just sitting in our camp chairs enjoying the view and watching the moose when a lady came around the corner with a dog on a leash about 20 yards from the moose. Mamma wasn't having it and immediately huffed and charged right at her. She only took a few steps and then stopped, but it got the desired affect and the dog lady un-assed the area post-haste, probably to go change her shorts. To be fair to her, she had come from behind some trees and likely had no idea that the moose were there until they were right in front of her. The moose then just went back to grazing with her calf.

I assume those particular moose were probably pretty acclimated to people because they were hanging out basically in the campground, but mama definitely wasn't going to tolerate that dog near her calf!

Posts: 9302 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
"Remains of Australian tourists found in a pile of bear shit in Alaska".

If only.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 2084 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's like that with elk in my neck of the woods... People don't seem to realize that large animals will absolutely hurt you. >_<

Help with my medical fundraiser at https://fundrazr.com/d2PmG0?ref=ab_8BFKzc.

Posts: 2149 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I hope this wasn’t posted before, if so, my apologies. Fuckin’ A. Dumbass!!!!

https://youtube.com/shorts/ttk...?si=iOlCDH7WDF3L19gd

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12994 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
I wanna move there.

I mean fuck those idiots, but planes, water, trees, not enough people to tell you what you can and can't do... Daylight to accompany the insomnia...

I'm GREEN with envy, frankly.

Posts: 5234 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post