SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    A surprise delivery today!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A surprise delivery today! Login/Join 
posted
The UPS truck just roared down the driveway and a package was delivered. Strange, since my only expected shipment isnt due until late next week. Examining the box shows it has the ColoGuard logo on it! Someone wants me to ship my poop somewhere for testing! Nope. Had a real poop chute exam late last year with the whole colon blow and tiny camera experience. So, without being opened, Cologuard goes into the dumpster!
I guess this is a money maker for someone. But I will pass! Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16410 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I looked into it, never interested in cologuard.

Posts: 6435 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
I've done the Cologuard instead of the colonoscopy, mostly an issue of convenience. I don't have anyone to drive me back from the procedure, so pooping in a bucket is easier. No issues.

Yooper, some doctor had to have ordered it for someone.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3350 | Location: Grapevine TX/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
No shit?

Posts: 11711 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9446 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I got one of those last year. I also threw it away and the very next day at work we received an email from our insurance carrier that said that they were the ones who had it sent to everyone, we should go ahead and send it in and it was all paid for. Oh well.

Posts: 3490 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
ColoGuard doesn"t just send you the kit. It was ordered by your doctor.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member of FPC, GOA, 2AF & Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2881 | Location: Tucson Sector | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Update:
Curiosity got the best of me and I opened the box. No clue inside as to who actually sent the box to me, just rather elaborate instructions on proper crapper modifications and pooping instructions. A return label is provided but, again, no info on who sent this thing to me. Just a lot of info on the outfit that runs the operation, a company called Exact Sciences out of Madison WI. Instructions call for me to return the thing to them via UPS prepaid. The UPS Store is a short jog from me so I will take it there and ship it back to them. Empty. They paid for it so its the least I can do!
Upon opening my email this AM, I got a message from Exact Science (not a doctor or insurance company) telling me that they knew I received my test kit and were looking forward to getting it returned. As to those of you who mentioned my Doctor must have ordered this for me, I dont think that applies. I have VA health care and it was my VA Doc who set up my recent poop chute movie, so I think the VA is uninvolved.

Posts: 16410 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IntrepidTraveler:
I've done the Cologuard instead of the colonoscopy, mostly an issue of convenience. I don't have anyone to drive me back from the procedure, so pooping in a bucket is easier. No issues.

Yooper, some doctor had to have ordered it for someone.

I started doing Cologuard at 50 and have done 3 so far. It's definitely a viable alternative unless you have a close family history of colon cancer at a very early age.

Posts: 9039 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
A picture is worth a thousand turds! Big Grin

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9446 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I got one of those and it was sent out by my health insurance company. Enclosed was a note explaining it would be less expensive to preventive care than pay for much more extensive care later down the road.

I don't know, maybe get some poop from a baby diaper and send that in. Or some cow patty.

Posts: 12002 | Location: Near Hooker Oklahoma, closer to Slapout Oklahoma | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Per their commercials false positive and negative results are possible. Knowing that, I'd question the validity of whatever results they sent me. Just load some cat turds into the return container and let hilarity ensue.

Posts: 431 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 64dodge:
Per their commercials false positive and negative results are possible. Knowing that, I'd question the validity of whatever results they sent me. Just load some cat turds into the return container and let hilarity ensue.

Yep, their Fase Positive expectations are kind of high for my liking. I used them three years ago, sent my poop in and doc got a clean report. This year, time for another so did the same, but got a note back from the doc that there was a "possible indication" and I had to schedule a colonoscopy anyway, which I did. the colonoscopy was so clean that the doctor told me I am good for 7 years! So, yeah, I would say that was a false positive. And then I get the bill from my health plan that since the colonoscopy was done as a result of a diagnostic finding, it was not fully covered as a preventative procedure, to the tune of $750 that I now had to pay. Thanks Cologuard! I feel like pooping in a box and just sending it to them just to get my money's worth.

Posts: 224 | Location: Western PA | Registered: March 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
I don’t think that the box can identify and remove polyps for you before they become cancerous.

And I have also heard the same thing that PghPI said about insurance not covering the colonoscopy after paying for the box.

All that aside, I have family history of colon cancer so I’m a regular at the colonoscopy clinic.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3908 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
They've found benign polyps during both hemorrhoidectomy and colonoscopy 3 years later so I'm not a candidate for cologuard.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23714 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did a little research on Cologuard and it appears that if you take the poop box test as a noninsured "patient", the cost is... $500! So this has to be a money maker for someone, just not me. I wonder what UPS drivers think about hauling around boxes of poop.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PghPI: And then I get the bill from my health plan that since the colonoscopy was done as a result of a diagnostic finding, it was not fully covered as a preventative procedure, to the tune of $750 that I now had to pay. Thanks Cologuard! I feel like pooping in a box and just sending it to them just to get my money's worth.

The payment issue has been resolved fairly recently.

"New federal guidance released in January will soon require health insurance plans to fully cover the cost of a follow-up colonoscopy to evaluate a positive result from an MTs-DNA stool-based test (Cologuard) as well as a fecal immunochemical test (FIT)."

Posts: 9039 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Probably a stupid question, the package was addressed to you, right?

Posts: 28756 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep... Correctly addressed to me. No other info as to who wanted it sent to me or who would have gotten any test results it may have generated. I would hope the results would have been shared with me.

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
I read two studies from European medical groups and the ColoGard false positive rate was absurdly high (like greater than 50%) when they followed the patients up with a colonoscopy. Probably not a good screening test for my money.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20399 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post