SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    What happened to plain old toothpaste
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What happened to plain old toothpaste Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I just want the little flip cap back....not the plastic doorknob they use now.

Posts: 199 | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear:
I hate thetaste of mint, it makes me gag. I like the orange and cinnamon flavored toothpastes, but have trouble finding them.

The stuff I mentioned that I ordered in my earlier post in this thread is orange flavored. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
Yeah there is an amazing variety but I want something that also is good at gum care because gum problems can turn into a huge issue. Decades ago my gums used to bleed after brushing and I switched to Colgate Total. After a few months my gums stopped bleeding after brushing and then never again.

It was probably the TCS (Triclosan) than fixed your gums up. I prefer Colgate Total because of the TCS.

Tooth powder is nothing more than calcium carbonate. You could chew up a few Rolaids and brush your teeth to get the same benefit.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mindustrial:

I just want the little flip cap back....not the plastic doorknob they use now.
I’m old enough to remember the screw-on cap.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
Yeah there is an amazing variety but I want something that also is good at gum care because gum problems can turn into a huge issue. Decades ago my gums used to bleed after brushing and I switched to Colgate Total. After a few months my gums stopped bleeding after brushing and then never again.

It was probably the TCS (Triclosan) than fixed your gums up. I prefer Colgate Total because of the TCS.

Tooth powder is nothing more than calcium carbonate. You could chew up a few Rolaids and brush your teeth to get the same benefit.

Colgate has changed the formula and no more TCS probably because of some of the bad publicity it has received but it definitely works in toothpaste. I found a couple tubes at Meijer that still have TCS but that was probably old stock. I hope the new stuff works as well as that with the TCS.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:

Ingredients in what I ordered:
Pure Wyoming Sodium Bentonite Clay, Calcium Carbonate, NON GMO USA Birch Xylitol, Magnesium Citrate, Himalayan Salt, Certified Organic Orange Essential Oil

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want the old tin tubes back. They were so easy to squeeze every last bit of the toothpaste out. They looked neat when rolled up from the bottom.

Posts: 463 | Location: suwanee, ga | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
What happened to plain old toothpaste

There seems to be plenty of it in dollar stores.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Maybe not Viadent Eek

I use this powder occasionally
https://www.amazon.com/Dirty-M...x=dirty+mouth&sr=8-3

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post