SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Nearly getting rear ended at every single stop sign!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nearly getting rear ended at every single stop sign! Login/Join 
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted
Lately it seems that every single time I actually stop at a stop sign, the driver behind me damn near rear ends me. I drive the speed limit around town, and I don't stop suddenly after racing up to the intersection. IOW, my driving is very predictable. Many times I decide not to come to a complete stop because it appears I will be hit if I do.

This is non-rush hour, around town driving. I do adjust to a quicker pace in the city etc.

Our last house had a clear view to a 3-way intersection with stop signs, and only about 1 in 30 vehicles actually came to a stop, and about 1 in 10 would barely slow down. The remainder slowed to maybe 5-10 mph and then rolled through.

Posts: 9507 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, I'm the last house on a dead end. Side street ends on our street. Just me and the house across on the dead end. they have a stop sign, we don't. Like you said maybe one out of 25 cars almost come to a stop. Some touch their brakes for a second, half don't brake at all. Roll through 15 to 20 mph. I've almost been T-boned dozens of times. And they yell at me like it's my fault. Oh well, I have to stop for them. Roll Eyes

Posts: 1043 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i had one today, female in a prius riding my ass from every light.

if i'd been in the gf/s blazer, i'd have shown her some brake lights....from real close!!

Posts: 2223 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I was driving the car with the forward facing camera only today and I guess coming back from the hospital with no sleep after being awake for 30+ hours didn't have me driving enough over the speed limit with one of these dickless assclowns with the gigantic pickup trucks nowadays.

He came within an inch or so of rear ending Tab's car at several stop lights with me in one of the most sociopathic moods I've ever experienced.

I just sat through the next light to see if he was man enough to get an ice pick to the face.

He did the right thing after that and kept his distance all the way home. I guess an asshole can tell who the bigger asshole for the day is. I'm not in the mood for worthless people's stupid shit right now.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34181 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
It’s here, it’s everywhere. It’s what I have deemed “entitlement driving”. A symptom of social media and the phone culture we are in where everyone thinks they are “a big deal” or an all star. Driving for me, locally, on surface streets, not even the highway, is brutal. Any drive, any time, any where. It’s sickening. Can’t wait to move rural.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Prefontaine,

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12696 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is so bad here in a two-college fairly small town. For one thing, relaxing driver’s ed rules hurt. Here we are also regularly blessed with lots of parents and others coming into town that have no idea where they are going. The worst thing is all the college kids. Used to, most of them would have already been driving for several years before they started college. Now many of them, including 20 to 25 year olds are just now learning to drive. Also, must dodge the “petroleum is evil” little assholes running electric scooters and bikes forty MPH dodging in and out of traffic.

Posts: 421 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: February 27, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MelissaDallas:
Also, must dodge the “petroleum is evil” little assholes running electric scooters and bikes forty MPH dodging in and out of traffic.

Lol!

We just moved from the heart of Park City which has become a major summer destination. There are hundreds of tourists riding those scooters and e-bikes all over the place. They don't know where they are much of the time, and they run in packs at high speed while ignoring every sensible caution.

Tourist dollars more than butter the bread in PC, but those scooters and e-bikes should be banned!

Posts: 9507 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
It’s not just city or suburb drivers. I nearly got rear ended this morning. Girl behind me obviously expected me to power drift at 55mph in a 4x4 Tacoma instead of slowing down to turn at the intersection at a safe speed. All I heard was “redneck retard asshole” accompanied by a middle finger. Roll Eyes

Posts: 13764 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is so bad here in a two-college fairly small town. For one thing, relaxing driver’s ed rules hurt. Here we are also regularly blessed with lots of parents and others coming into town that have no idea where they are going. The worst thing is all the college kids. Used to, most of them would have already been driving for several years before they started college. Now many of them, including 20 to 25 year olds are just now learning to drive. Also, must dodge the “petroleum is evil” little assholes running electric scooters and bikes forty MPH dodging in and out of traffic.

Damn Melissa, I know Denton well. That age demographic has been programmed by social media and phone bullshit for the past 10+ years so by the time they hit college they’ve been on that social media tattay for over a damn decade. They have no self resiliency, no critical thinking skills and definitely cannot think for themselves. Their bitch (social media) thinks for them so they are programmed Terminators from my point of view except a lil bitch version that can’t fight to save their lives. Look at all these non Palestinian folks down there at the little rally. That is from marketing and social media, idiots. I can’t even fathom living there now being so close to all the programmed students. UTD isn’t too far from me but it’s far enough I don’t have to deal with it. My whole life now, revolves around making enough money, on the side, to get my Morton built and put on my land out of state. The day I’m driving or towing my final load of stuff out of here and hit the “Welcome to Texas” entrance sign on the border of the state as I egress, is going to be the best day of my life. I’ve had enough of being trapped in a busy and exploding metro like this, with all these clowns. The virus has taken over.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12696 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
Tailgating is a national pastime. I drive an F150, and I can’t count the times I’ve looked in the rear view mirror, and all you can see is the roof of the car behind.

Posts: 3246 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
A lot of it is cellphones. I swear, every time I look at another driver, it's better than even odds they've got a damn phone in their hands.

Posts: 17284 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
That's the reason. I see it all the time. It's bad.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8742 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain. Seems like everywhere you go, "STOP" signs are like a suggestion to some.

Posts: 6934 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Modify a hay spear to fit your hitch Wink

In seriousness, I have added a heavy duty step. It helps me load things on top of my diamondback, but also helps protect the bodywork and warn them off a bit.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5650 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
This is why everyone's auto insurance is skyrocketing. Too many people driving like assholes on the road. Around here I have a local fire alerts FB page that also posts countless car accidents EVERY DAY. And what really annoys me is that the cars are ALWAYS nice newer ones, here I am still driving my shitbox 2012 Mazda around trying to be careful and these jackasses are merrily crashing and flipping their 2023 and 2024 cars like it's nothing. And then I get a 20% increase in my premiums for all my effort. Mad

Posts: 33979 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I swear officer, I didn’t stop because I thought that jerk behind me was gonna hit me.

Posts: 1010 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When on my Pan America, I spend as little time as I possibly can at traffic signals and stop signs. Watching people busting up behind you is butt puckering.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16170 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:

Damn Melissa, I know Denton well. That age demographic has been programmed by social media and phone bullshit for the past 10+ years so by the time they hit college they’ve been on that social media tattay for over a damn decade. They have no self resiliency, no critical thinking skills and definitely cannot think for themselves. Their bitch (social media) thinks for them so they are programmed Terminators from my point of view except a lil bitch version that can’t fight to save their lives. Look at all these non Palestinian folks down there at the little rally. That is from marketing and social media, idiots. I can’t even fathom living there now being so close to all the programmed students. UTD isn’t too far from me but it’s far enough I don’t have to deal with it. My whole life now, revolves around making enough money, on the side, to get my Morton built and put on my land out of state. The day I’m driving or towing my final load of stuff out of here and hit the “Welcome to Texas” entrance sign on the border of the state as I egress, is going to be the best day of my life. I’ve had enough of being trapped in a busy and exploding metro like this, with all these clowns. The virus has taken over.

I work at TWU in the Nursing College and it is a lot calmer than UNT (no Anti Israel Demos) but Denton is not the town we grew up in. My sister, cousin, and I are all between 60-63 and no kids and are seriously starting to think about where we might go from here. We’re all in the houses we grew up in. The population (and the HOMELESS population) as well as property taxes are exploding. We all thought we’d happily die here where we grew up.

Posts: 421 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: February 27, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I just got rear ended last week at a light on my way to work. Luckily, I left my trailer hitch in. This guy impaled his Civic’s front bumper on it. No damage to my truck. At least I got a new hitch, ball, and pin out of it. I also had just installed my new dash camera (including a rear camera), a couple of days before; got the whole thing on video, including some colorful expletives on impact.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17356 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post